CRJ by Aerosoft releasing March 16

Just announced on Aerosoft’s forums:

“We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on Tuesday March 16, 2021 as the first complex and highly detailed aircraft expansion. The expansion will be available as a download from the Aerosoft Shop and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace at the same time.”

In case anyone missed it, here’s pricing info:

• The CRJ 550/700 will cost €42 (plus your local vat when applicable).
  • The CRJ 900/100 will cost €16.75 (plus your local vat when applicable).
  • The CRJ 900/1000 will require the CRJ 550/700 to be installed on the system.

900/1000 planned 6-12 weeks after the first release-

25 Likes

We are excited to announce that the Aerosoft CRJ 550/700 for the Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released on Tuesday March 16, 2021 as the first complex and highly detailed aircraft expansion. The expansion will be available as a download from the Aerosoft Shop and the Microsoft Flight Simulator Marketplace at the same time.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155410-aerosoft-aircraft-crj/page/156/&tab=comments#comment-1019172

3 Likes

Awesome!! I look forward to this!!

I never thought in my wildest dreams that I’d be excited to be in a CRJ :joy:. Can’t wait for this!

4 Likes

Haha I don’t get why people hate the CRJ so much. It’s one of the sleekest airliners I know.

I guess it must be due to the fact that it isn’t too comfy as a passenger :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, I absolutely love to fly- unless it’s on one of those. Actually, if it were empty then I wouldn’t mind so much- but the cabin is just soooo small. I don’t hear a lot of pilots complaining about flying the jet though, and it was fun in P3D…

1 Like

That’s why the CRJ550 was conceived! Check out some pictures of the interior.

I’m very curious to see how well the FMS is modelled due to the many limitations that MSFS shows in terms fake waypoints in STARs/Approaches etc.
Also will be interesting if/how the VNAV (at least the glide path indicator that the CRJ should have in the PFD) is supported since this is something missing in every aircraft/mod so far.

This plane rocks up and down as it climbs. This is normal ?

1 Like

Yeah, that doesn’t look good.

1 Like

IIRC The Dude mentioned that he was encountering turbulence on the climb-out.

That is autopilot correcting to maintain consistent climb speed because of wind and turbulence.

2 Likes

The CRJ does not have VNAV and autothrottle, so the autopilot will adjust the angle of climb to mantain vertical speed or speed depending on the mode you select.

2 Likes

What do you mean fake waypoints in stars and sids? Msfs2020 does that ?

Yes, it does. I think they are in the form of USR/USER waypoints. I’ve seen some really odd ones in approaches that, even with Navigraph data installed, don’t match what is on the chart. The course is right, the fix names are not.

Regarding the imminent CRJ release, I’m not terribly interested in the plane, more the technology involved in its creation. Once its out, other devs will be able to dig in to it, and see what the SDK can do.

1 Like

I fly the WT CJ4 and I am very happy with it.

Maybe someone can post the differences of it
as compared to the WT CJ4

1 Like

Did they decide to remove VNAV as of December when Hans said it would be there?

Isn’t the VNAV advisory?

The CRJ has no Vnav.

Did they decide to remove it after Hans said it would be there in december?