CRJ flightplans

Just made the leap from the FBW 320 to the Aerosoft CRJ700 and struggling a bit. Really makes me appreciate just how good the FBW MCDU is. Two questions–probably dumb-- I’m just missing something:

1. I am able to import the flight plans from Simbrief without a problem. But, I can’t figure how to review them. On the FBW, I’d put the MFD in flight plan mode and just scroll through the legs on the flight plan using the up/down arrows on the MCDU. That does not seem to work on the CRJ. Is there a way to see the flight path on the display? I can go through the legs but only page by page.

2. I can’t figure out how to insert a waypoint between two other waypoints in an existing FP. This was easy on the FWB but does not work the same way here. Recognize there must be a way to do it but I can’t figure it out.

Thanks…

Just coming up to speed with it, myself. Not familiar with the FBW at all, but I can help with the first question.

One of the modes of the MFD, it’s like the fourth choice, is a simple circle with one range circle. You can use that to view the flight plan and with the MFD ADV button on the FMC you can go forward and backward through it.

Set the display to plan mode and hit MFD button and it should give you a menu to step through. I think to edit the route you need to be in the fix menu.

Thanks. This solved #1.

I’m relatively certain you can add a way point on the legs page easily if you know the fix name. Just type it in, it’ll show at the bottom of the screen, then push the button next to the existing leg that you want to insert it before. You then need to push the Exec key to make it stick.

In the Crj you always need to hit the Exec to make a change stick, a key difference from the A32ON MCDU.

For question 2, check the Legs portion of the FMS manual that comes with the CRJ.

It’s late here and I can’t test it, but I think you insert waypoints on the Legs page by entering your new waypoint in the scratch pad and pasting it on the waypoint you want to insert it before. It seems like it should add it instead of overwrite it.