CRJ700 - 40% thrust on the HOTAS is idle on the CRJ thrust lever

Greetings fellow pilots,

there seem to be a slight problem with the HOTAS in the Aerosoft CRJ 700.
About 40% thrust on my HOTAS is still idle on the CRJ 700 throttle quadrant, over 40% thrust on the HOTAS up to 100% also brings on 100% thrust in the CRJ.

I would like to know how to set the HOTAS or the flight sim correct to make the lowest idle setting of the HOTAS thrust lever also make the airplane turbines idle.

Thanks in advance for your tips :slight_smile:

Topic moved into 3rd Party Aircraft #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft for assistance.

I think you can configurate this in the EFB :wink:

1 Like

Indeed, check the manual and tweak in the EFB.
If it remains a problem please access our support forums at: Aerosoft CRJ - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES

Mathijs Kok
Aerosoft

Thank you very much for the answers, it is already late today and I will try to configure this tomorrow. :slight_smile:

And I am impressed how well this HOTAS works with the Flight Sim 20 more or less out of the box.

In DCS I cannot map 3/4 of all the X52 buttons (all the trim wheels and a lot of other buttons are simply not recognized when trying to bind a button to a system, both thumbsticks on the joystick and the throttle lever are not recognized to be slewed to the radar target box or to move the Maverick seekers around, and I needed to download DCS profiles otherwise the X52 thrust lever does not even react in the F-14, F-16 and F-18).

In Flight Simulator the X52 Professional HOTAS is fully 100% functional out of the box. A fantastic joystick/throttle quadrant.
Of course it functions perfectly with the CRJ 700, it is perfect to fly with this HOTAS. And this little inconvenience with the throttle quadrant idle setting will be solved tomorrow with some manual reading and EFB settings. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We have got a special support officer for controllers, Cedric. If you ever find yourself in problems linking hardware to our products don’t hesitate to ask him via support@aerosoft.com. Of course, we also do all support for the hardware we sell (Honeycomb etc) and have special tools and drivers that you can ask about at Hardware - AEROSOFT COMMUNITY SERVICES. Even if it has nothing to do with our products we’ll try to help.

Mathijs

The EFB of the CRJ indeed offers a very comfortable and versatile way to map different positions or detent of your throttle to the desired output in the CRJ. Just go to the second options or setup page. It’s all self-explanatory and as I said, very versatile.

I wish other airplanes in MFS would offer this option…

1 Like

Changing the thrust lever settings functions perfect and very easy to set in this marvelous airplane.

Even the Climb, TOGA and Max Power Settings can be set perfectly beginning at the HOTAS throttle detent :slight_smile:

I found an interesting button in the cockpit some time ago and now it was time to test it.
The engines in this plane have a very interesting behaviour, on max power N1 fan is about 90% (which is unusual because on max power N1 is normally 103-107% in many other planes).
With the High Performance Schedule button on maximal N1 power is 93-94%.
Was this button implemented into the cockpit to protect the turbines and prevent core-locks after that infamous Pinnacle Flight?

As far as I know the turbines of the CRJ700 are the civilian version of what is used in the A-10 Thunderbolt, the General Electric TF-34.

1 Like