Cross-Community Panel Discussion: The Future of At-Home Flight Simulation

MSFS was released almost one year ago. What has the new simulator done for our community, and how will this change add-on and software development? A panel of flight simulation developers will discuss on a livestream at 2000 GMT on July 24, 2021.

In celebration of #FlyJuly21, everyone is invited to join developers and content creators for a special live event discussing the future of at-home flight simulation. Featuring video panelists from Aerosoft, HeliSimmer.com, Hype Performance Group, Orbx, Parallel 42, and TFDi Design, the 90-minute livestream will focus on how the release of MSFS on desktop and console has changed our community, and what the future of home flight simulation looks like.

Everyone is welcome to participate. We encourage pilots and flight simmers to watch the stream live on July 24 at 2000 GMT via Flight Simulation Association, on YouTube, or with your favorite livestreamer.

Win great prizes. Everyone participating live will have the chance to win prizes donated by Aerosoft, Just Flight, Milviz, Orbx, Honeycomb Aeronautical, Hype Performance Group, NZA Simulations, and TFDi Design. There will be multiple prize draws conducted live during the stream, including the grand prize: a Honeycomb ALPHA Yoke!

Watch with your favorite content creators. We’ve invited content creators from across the community to host “watch parties’’ on their channels. You’ll be able to catch the livestream with Aus Flight Simmer, Captain Bob - Flight Simulation, Chewwy94, @FLIGHTSIMGEEKS, Moosestaffa, SimFlightPro, SizzlingPopcorn, and twotonemurphy. Several developers will also be hosting a “simulcast” on their social channels and you can also watch through Flight Simulation Association and on YouTube.

I absolutely love to see OrbX and truly welcome them on board!
For people with slow internet connection like me it will forever be impossible to have true photogrammetry and highest quality cities (but at least the satellite images function with little problems) that`s why I need my ultra high quality sceneries permanently installed.

And OrbX is the perfect solution for that. TFDi Design… awesome! They will bring a new iteration of their 717 and an MD-11 to the sim, absolutely fantastic we urgently need some cool eighties planes.

https://www.tfdidesign.com/717.php

https://www.tfdidesign.com/md11.php

And Aerosoft is a true classic everyone knows them. They make awesome addons since… forever.

I don´t know what “42” is. Is this a new development team like Fenix Simulations?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Hope you’ll be able to join in the fun this Saturday.

BlockquoteI don´t know what “42” is. Is this a new development team like Fenix Simulations?
Parallel42 (see https://parallel42.com/) have been around for some time. The team used to be known as FSFX Packages and has re-branded after The Skypark was launched at FlightSimExpo 2019.

They offer visual effect packages for different aircraft on FSX/Prepar3D, an advanced camera system for FSX/Prepar3D, and “The Skypark”, something of a combination between Virtual Airline and a flight planning system rolled into one. That’s available for MSFS.

It is LIVE now.