CS 777 Engine issues

Hello

I have been having an issue with the captain sim 777 with the engines always shutting down after about 3 and a half hours of flight for no reason. Also I don’t know if the engines broke this but last time before I realized the engines died my A/P shutoff and my FD would turn back on. Is there something I am doing wrong or should I have just listened to the community about buying this plane? I am also flying with all failures disabled when this happens.

Thanks

No idea. You can’t get me to fly this thing anymore. And I certainly never flew it for 3.5 hours. Who knows… It’s a CaptainSim 777 - they have a Support Forum over there. Maybe going there is gonna be much better if you need to ask for support. I don’t think you will find many fans of that thing here. Both topics discussing that aircraft were closed yesterday. So if you chose to buy that plane and are experiencing issues, perhaps the people that sold it to you can help. If you say “maybe you should have listened to the community”, you were obviously aware that you are buying something many people have not been happy with. So… sorry to not be of more help. The less said about that thing, the better.

3 Likes

I would urge everyone to keep any and all comments strictly related to @NickBringle question.

The disatisfaction with this add on is well documented on these forums and it is not appropriate for this thread to be a continuation of the threads that were closed, having run their course.

It would be great if someone knowledgabe about this 777 were able to help, otherwise their support forums may be the place to visit.

Thanks everyone for your cooperation in this.

2 Likes

The CS support Forum is propably the best way.

1 Like

Well, it’s actually 4 engines, so maybe the 2 invisible ones are guzzling fuel in the background? :slight_smile:

But seriously… do you still have enough fuel?

2 Likes

Yes I checked I have enough but I will see about the car forums.

Thanks

Otherwise I think losing electrical systems like AP and such is normal. Since you lose the generators. Not fully sure how that works with the batteries.

But other than fuel I can’t really think of a reason why they would simply cut out.

However, since it is somewhat of a weird port of the 747, it might be a fuel tank issue… maybe the fuel is in the wrong tanks for the engines that are being used. Crossfeed and such…

Have you tried using unlimited fuel for the meantime? I know it’s unrealistic but until they fix it try that.

1 Like

While I don’t own this model, many of the CaptainSim aircraft have a separate custom payload/fuel manager that you need to run before flying. Perhaps this could be the issue?

2 Likes

I’m extremely late but considering this runs off the 747 systems what is already in the sim. Could this also spot issues with the 747?

Sorry for also being very late I actually forgot I had this thread. I figured out that you fuel correctly from the fuel screen on the center console and you go off the amount of fuel in the 2 and 3 engines, since it doesn’t have the two outer engines. I don’t know about a center tank though since I only tested this on a DFW-LAX flight.