CTD after 8hrs of flight…

Once again it happened… when are they going to fix the SIM? SBGR-EGLL after 8 hours of flight the simulator crashes to desktop… I paid for the game, and it is not flyable… no response from Asobo/Microsoft
Rayzen 7 5800x
RTX 3070
32 GB RAM
Windows 10

2 Likes

if you expect any kind of problem solution, you may have to offer more informations… at least these one which are requested in issue-template and may additional infos like logs from windows event viewer etc.

There exists some topics for discussions about “crash to desktop” .

Also it may not unlikly that your system is not able to run 8hours in full-load…

1 Like

Rayzen 7 5800x
RTX 3070
32 GB de RAM
Windows 10
direct x 11

thanks… so no fancy hardware :slight_smile: … as mentioned, best would also be to open windows event viewer and add the error logs ( hopefully we not see the 000005 ).

Its just to do a pre-check whether your hardware possible run into an issue because of long time of full-load or whether it points more to a game related issue. As more info you can give, in special to the developers, as more they are able to reproduce ( and then fix ).

1 Like

All of us we are saliling on the same boat.
Since SU7 i have one CTD each 3 flights.
Never in one year using the sim I had this frecuent CTD’s and I’m shure is not add on related.
I purchase MSFS in november 2020 and this last month I had more CTD’S tha the 11 previous months.
My rig is one year old and I I purchase it only for MSFS.
Always updating OS and graphic drivers
Only MSFS installed.
I think something it’s not working well since SU7.
We hope next Sim updates gives more stability.

I7 10700 (no OC)
MSI RTX2060 (no OC)
32 GB RAM 2666 mhz (no OC)
1TB Nvme Samsung hdd
Windows 10 21H1 always updated
497.29 nvidia drivers ( always clean install)
A32NX, aerosoft CRJ aircraft.
AIG ai traffic.

3 Likes

tried to taxi from EGSS to LEIB as soon as i change camera views it stutters and CTD , twice in succession so leaving the sim today as its obviously due to the servers and live weather not working

3 Likes

you and @candykatx use these mod and also tools like the “AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS” … may be there is a kind of relation.

But the topic here is, that @LeMuraro run into issues after 8hours flight ( a very long time ). At first it have to discussed whether he is affected from possible more general CTD issues like yours ( may be caused from mods ) or whether he run into a special kind of issue.

2 Likes

I have same specs as you except im on windows 11 and driver 496.76
A32nx and AIG had no problems before New Years Eve , now cant even taxi to the active
Tried simbrief flight plan and MSFS flight plan , same thing CTD when changing external camera view …certainly not going to to a 2+ hour flight and CTD 30 minutes into it or when coming in to land , jeeez , that would be a luxury , cant even taxi to the active at EGSS

1 Like

possibly but the issues are not with AIG as if you use that software that crashes sometimes but it does not crash the sim and you can reload it during flight to get it working again , now regarding the A32NX , again possibly but as its updated constantly there would be a lot of people voicing this in the aircraft section of the forum .

did you ask LeMuraro what he/she was flying ?

That would be interesting

I suspect my CTD’S are TAA antialiasing related.
Some kind of random bug occurs with TAA since SU7.

quick question as MichaMMA has raised it , what A32NX version are you using ?

Im on development 6f51411

I think this has only been happening in the last few days. Bad performance, noise issues then CTD. Never had them before.

1 Like

exactly that … I last used the sim on 31st in the morning GMT and it was fine then

I’m using last dev, today I wanted to try last experimental version that includes the FBW TCAS system but I’m waiting for Live weather working again. I usually fly on VATSIM.

ok same here , i see they have the experimental back which is great , just wish the bloody sim would work

2 Likes

I usually fly the same routes, mostly over Spain (my country) same add on sceneries, rolling cache dissabled.
I have 1 GB fiber internet connection.
For me is the only way to try the changes introduced by Sim updates, FPS average, Stutters, graphic improvements and performance in general.

I fly mainly from UK to Spain , I have a 300MBPS Fiber connection

This is defintely due to the servers being down , I’m pretty convinced of that

Yeah, me too.
We must to admit we’re testers in a simulator still on early development phase.

2 Likes

I wasnt sure what was the bug, now I really think its all related to this Live Weather server problem (weather bugs, ctds, low fps). After new years eve it finally broke only METARs are working. I use AIG, A32X, littlenavmap, neofly and everything is working perfect without live weather…

Move to windows 11