CTD after 8hrs of flight…

IKR!
I’ve been flying msfs since the 5.1 version days (yes, I’m that old!)
It’s been a love/hate relationship all these years. I figured I was past all of the crash frustrations with the Xbox series X, but not the case.

3 Likes

Yes I started with 95 i believe all the way through to FS 98,2000, 2004 and FSX …stayed on that till MSFS came out so I’m getting on a bit too

FSX was a bug Fest , tinkering with the CFG file …till i got it stable after a few years …

I fear it will be the same with MSFS , just hope they dont give up on it like they did with FSX when the community stepped in and kept it going

1 Like

One year ago I bought everything new to enjoy MSFS.
New PC, new peripherals (Thrustmaster TCA Airbus: Stick, throttle + add on)
A brand new Xbox One controller to use in dron mode views.
Two expensives SAIs to protect the PC overvoltage and other for the router.
And carefully installed and update all firmwares to every peripheral, update BIOS, etc…
My system is healthy .
Is only dedicated to MSFS and related add ons like Volanta, Navigraph charts and Vpilot for VATSIM network.
I have other 3 computers for different tasks.
1 for video edit, another for music production and the 3rd one for internet and multimedia.
I don’t want to mix the tasks in one only computer due to some app and peripherals incompatibilities, etc…
So my rig is only for MSFS and daily carefully updated and cleaned so I can’t understand the actual issues I have.

1 Like

My move to windows 11 in August fixed my CTD…but i have the weather issue with the in-game…but im oretty aure thats a FS problem…are you running any hdd/ssd that require driver updates?

Yes I did something similar , I have my normal C Drive on an SSD and two NVME’s one MSFS the other all my old FSX stuff , but it is just over a year old PC with all the hardware new so as to play MSFS on ultra settings

Had 5.0 on two floppy discs, here. I feel you with the frustration with the state of FS2020. I’ve remained optimistic for most of 2020 and 2021, but after the performance regression in SU7, and only partial restoration of performance and features in the hotfix beta, I’m starting to become a bit disillusioned with FS2020. I really enjoy the game, it hits the spot since I don’t have the fun-money to get my PPL current again anytime soon.

I know Asobo will get the game to a better state, I just hope that it is soon. Going through what we are, 1.5 years after the game released, is… disappointing, to use the nicer of many other adjectives one could use.

2 Likes

No, I have 1 TB Nvme Samsung SSD drive with two prebuilt MSI partition.
C for Windows and D for MSFS.
I have one WD brand new external drive to store my add ons and flightsim related stuff. But is only a Stored drive.

I was getting ready to dump another 100 bucks on the premium deluxe upgrade last night, but with the latest crashes ( which I hope is due to the Live Weather problems) I think I’ll wait for a bit.

Yes, you can turn off Live Weather, AI aircraft, multiplayer, and fly in custom weather without a cloud in the sky and not experience a CTD…but at what point do I decide that this is not what I paid for.

3 Likes

Yes it has been reported in another section of the forum so you are definitely not alone

Its got to be the weather server causing this , but we have a bank holiday in the UK tomorrow , not sure what France does so it might not get fixed till tuesday at the very least

2 Likes

There is a work-around for some who are getting CTDs with the current issue of Live Weather being down:

1 Like

The CTDs you are all experiencing today and yesterday and perhaps the day before are all related to the server issues Asobo/MSFT are experiencing. Stop digging into your rig or other addons. It has nothing to do with those. The server issues are causing stutters, bad performance and CTDs. Until they fix that, the sim will have issues. Like all of you, I am also disappointed that this issue repeats itself many times and specially over the weekends/holidays and Asobo sure has not been able to address it. It’s way too frequent…

6 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree with all the comments. I also bought Gamer laptop for this sim, high end version so it would be at top of food chain. As normally I do not get CTD’s (maybe 10 total so far since release), but other things get in my way of enjoying this thing. I keep telling myself, FSX took two years to have bugs ironed out, but we are talking $19.99 versus $129.00. Yes, almost 20 years, technology has marched on, and yet here we sit. I also have FSX on PC, and routinely play it, just so I know I am not the issue when everything goes to pot in MSFS. We should not have to be the debuggers of this game, but yet we are. I agree with all. FSX here I come.

Bossraccoon - yes, that is partly correct, wonder if they are being attacked by folks trying to bring them down, and then for what reason I ask. I blame my poor internet connection on some of this, but knew live WX was broken, and azure was down yesterday too. Too much “internet stuff” and not enough local machine stuff for this to work correctly.

3 Likes

enjoying a flight on my other sim with the FF320 no problems smooth flying I hope MSFS can get their stuff together for their customers I have a custom rig I put together it was not cheap but I’m getting my use out of it with my other gaming

I’m also experiencing CTD… and also laggy gameplay which degrades gradually as the flight duration increases… this is a very frustrating issue as this is a PAID game

1 Like

DON’T DO IT…Keep your money. It doesn’t worth it for now.

1 Like

All of this happened at the EXACT same time as I installed my new Xbox 1TB expansion card that I promptly moved FS over to. You can only imagine the swearing that I did when my mind immediately thought the memory card was the culprit!!!

1 Like

We have bad WX here this evening, high winds and snow. SO may not fly, as PC will be off or on battery for reading a book. But if I do, FSX, just too many negatives for MSFS now. Love the F-14, and free C-17 mostly, but just too much stuff doesn’t work right. Maybe SU8? will fix a lot of it. Don’t VR so don’t care about that. Seriously believe, blending x-box and pc code is part of the problem, others say NOPE! Who is to know? Not to disparage X-box users, but two versions of the game should be out instead of in my opinion dumbing down the code so can run on X-box. Could be wrong, please correct me if so.

1 Like

correct, it works !!!
Deactivate weather in real time at the beginning of the flight and it does not usually happen anymore.
I have made another flight like last night and this morning it was going badly and now it works I hope they solve the time online soon, thank you

2 Likes

I just switched off the online features completely. No more problems. The scenery obviously suffers a bit, but it’s not that bad. I just flew from Montreal to NYC and the flight was perfect.
I think I’ll leave it offline until this gets sorted out. The processes and procedures still work perfectly fine.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.