CTD after a few minutes of flight! Never happened before

Since the alpha testing I have barely have any issues regarding CTD, but now, with the final version, and after removing everything about the alpha/beta in my system (at least as far as I know), the sim will CTD without any message, just it hangs, then sound cuts and suddenly Im in the desktop. It happens every single time (10 times in a row by now), no matter what so I just can’t use the sim at all :sob:

It hangs about 6 to 10 minutes after starting the flight. However I could make one flight in France of 17 minutes, but it also crashed after that time.

My system is not the problem, temps are fine and everything is working nicely (a couple of days ago I could make a 2h flight no problems with the beta). Tried with both, previous nvidia drivers and the new FS20 game ready ones. Still CTD.

Installation went fine.

I’m also experiencing ATC issues, pretty much all messages are skipped instantaneously, like 80% of them. Not sure if this could be related. Not happened in beta before. Changing the ATC voice to text from AZURE to Windows will make them work fine 100% of the time but the sim will CTD in the same way.

Here is the error:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5f2ed221
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000013d8522
Faulting process id: 0x45b0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d674d4b971b522
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: ae3afa7a-332f-4f85-a5d7-c619cabf55e3
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Anyone else having this issue, please, I need some help!

You aren’t alone, I have very similar problems and, like you, I had no problems with the beta. I haven’t managed to complete a flight yet without a crash. Hopefully a solution will come soon.

2 Likes

I’m getting CTDs as soon as I load into an airfield :frowning:

1 Like

Same here…

Same here. No issues at all with Alpha and Beta. Mine crashes after clicking Fly Now. First sound cuts off then CTD.

I did submit to Zendesk with files.

Same issue over here… Alpha and betas were great; now I have the one CTD after the other…

i am getting constant CTD’s and now the game will also not recognize my hotas which it did fine in the beta. i donnt know what they did but the game is now 100% unplayable for me.

I started getting them after 12 hours of no problems with the release version. At first I thought it was a bad overclock, but now I’m thinking it’s related to overloaded servers or the new Nvidia drivers.

I’m leaning server issues though, because it seems like I always have some troubles with incoming data showing up in performance monitoring, right around the time of the crash. The amount coming in will drop perceptibly a few times, and the sim will often have increased stutter when it does, then bam, freeze and crash. I just haven’t been able to determine yet if that final drop in data causes the crash, or is simply because of it.

I’m going to wait for awhile and see if things calm down tonight, once people have had the chance to fly for a bit. I’m tired of starting over, lol.

I’m going to attempt 2 things. Reinstall the VS C++ libraries and rollback the Nvidia driver update that just came out with game ready drivers for MSFS.

Here in Eastern US. Purchased and installed this AM. Ran fine. This afternoon, launch app, get to “Press any key to start” screen, loads darkened SFO pic and then bounces back to “Press any key to start”.

Odd…

glad to see I’m not alone. Sadly we can’t enjoy FS at the moment.

Btw, I don’t think it is worth messing with the drivers, I have extensively tested with the previous ones and the last ones, same result. At some point in the flight, the sim starts stuttering badly (it even hangs image for few seconds) like it is going to crash, however, it continues but few minutes later it will CTD with error 0xc0000005. :slightly_frowning_face:

I too get that black backdrop where the TBM used to be. Then it comes back. Also noticed load time from shortcut to main menu about 3 mins. In the Alpha and Closed Beta it was under 2 mins.

The only thing that has changed on my end, other than the release version, is Nvidia update.

I have the same issues, word by word.

must be i’ll not said something new, except for me crash only above massive terrain, above water/island no problem, no stutters, no other visual problems for my eyes, everything just fine, but some fly above land and ctd. first times couple of flying above haifa every time ctd, then i take catalina kavx, fly long time, then get east and above landing where i looking how bueautiful around ctd… i didn’t use external views, didn’t use any stuff like vr, or tack ir, just hotas, mouse and keyboard, preset ultra(prefer to see, what what was planned by devs)… didn’t use live people(higher place in the traffic/weather/time), only live weather/time and live traffic

any more info about this?

same Issue also here, every flight I have CTDs so far. Also I installed the FS on my fresh seperated Windows 10 Envirement with an old Nvidia 451,48 and the actual driver, all I get CTDs. Hope this will be fixed.

Well I’ve fixed my CTDs and improved performance hugely.

This probably won’t help many people, I doubt many people will have messed up as badly as this with their PC build! I had managed to install a 2080Ti using a single pcie cable. Now this had worked fine with iRacing and other racing sims but apparently Flight Simulator didn’t like it. At all.

Having installed a second PCIE lead I’m no longer getting CTDs, my FPS has almost doubled and my 2080Ti doesn’t sound like it’s about to take off (pun intended).

I know this is unlikely to help others but thought I’d post just on the off chance somebody has been this dumb :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Wow, 2080ti must be power hungry, enjoy the sim :+1:
My solution has been to switch my Hotas to the rear usb2 port.
I think my front usb3 port suffers from small micro-cuts and that caused the simulator crashes. Connecting or disconnecting the usb joystick usually crash the sim.

1 Like

I have tried disconnecting my hotas but didnt work, I could make a 40 mins long flight, but just before landing it crashed again. :sob:

yeah i had one crash just before landing too

1 Like