CTD after a few seconds after take off [SOLVED]

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

CTD after a few seconds after take off

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

I7 9900K - RTX 3070 TI - 32 Gb RAM - HP reverb g1

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Are you using DX12?

no

Are you using DLSS?

yes

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

This morning after updating to 1.27.20.0 (steam version) I have a problem that I have never had.
After take off from any airport, with any aircraft and both in safe or normal mode happen a CTD after a few seconds after take off.

I thought could be a problem with third part addons tha i have installed but this is not true because the problem happen even in safe mode.

Simulator is now unusable. Previous version 1.27.19.0 (steam version) worked quite well and i never had this kind of CTD.

Nothing changed on my computer before and after installing the 1.27.20.0 update, so i believe this is a problem of simulator.

Anyone have this problem?

1 Like

I do not know what is happened, but today MSFS2020 working quite well, no CTD after take off, and no CTD at all.

With version 1.27.20.0 there are some stutters yet but today the flights were as good as the previous versions.

Sorry for my previous allarming post.

I am having the exact same bug as you. Any time I set up any flight it crashes 10 to 20 seconds after take off. And like you, its crashes to the desktop. I do also have somewhat similar specs as you,
I7-11700 (@2.5 Ghz)
3060Ti
32Gb DDR4
2.5 Tb Storage (Sim on SSD)

Makes no sense and only started after SU10.
Not very happy thats for sure.

I have the same now. Complete mystery. Various planes taking of from various airports sometimes 20 seconds, sometimes 1 minute lead to a crash. I had this since installation of SU11 beta and could not solve it. Did a fresh install of Window 11 and opted out of beta. Now in SU10 the same. Unbelievable.

5800X, 3080TI, 32 GB RAM, Windows 11

Any idea somebody?

EDIT: My freezes seam to be related to https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/latest-nvidia-driver-causes-lockup-in-sim/549590 this. Rolled back to Studio Driver for now and will test.

EDIT II: Looks like rolling the driver back has fixed the issue.

Same issue. Posted about it on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MicrosoftFlightSim/comments/y4x22q/msfs_2020_freezes_after_takeoff_task_manager/

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

10 to 20 seconds after takeoff, (passing around 5 thousand feet, The sim all of the sudden freezes and CTD.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Having the exact same issue. Totally lost and cannot figure this out. I have re installed many times and same issue. Please help.

Same here! Just started recently, but ONLY happens with airliners, and ONLY when I start at the gate. If I fly a prop, no problem. If I start the airliner on the runway, no problem. Cannot figure it out and it’s driving me crazy. Just updated my NVIDIA driver hoping that would do the trick, but no. Any suggestions? Thanks!