CTD after completing every leg of a Bush Trip

Prior to updating SU10 I was nearly Half way through the Califonia Bush Trip (recently included with the later USA World Update).

Updated to SU10, removing all custom/Third Party mods first, also cleared rolling cache.

Update performed ok, switched on “low Power mode”, also doanloaded all updates in Content Manager.

Once all set up had a quick fly, decided to continue on the Bush trip. At the end of the leg, after registering a successfull landing, and the log book, i click continue, and it ALWAYS CTD.

Progress has been saved, so when next re-started the next leg is available, but when that leg completes, it to crashes when completed and I click “Continue” on the logbook page.

Have tried turnignof any possible simconnect, or other app, and going as clean as possible, still crashes.

Note I started this trip BEFORE updating to SU 10.

Fault Bucket:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:
Ryzen 3800, NVidia 3080Ti 32GB RAM (latest game drivers from g force experience), Windows 11 Pro (up to date with latest service updates)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes exactly the same issue

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

I have exactly the same issue

No fault Bucket ID can be found in the Event Viewer

To update, if I click “return to main menu” on the trip log after completing a bush trip leg, it does not crash, I can then go back to bush trips and reselect the bush trip and fly the next leg, though the plane does not start where I landed.

The CTD seems to always happen when I click “continue” on the log page after completing a leg of a bush trip.

2 Likes

Same issue - CTD on continuing bush trip. “return to main menu” seems to be ok

Fault bucket 1599167045803452784, type 5

Same problem

Occurs when choosing “continue” after landing a leg. Does not occur if “back to menu” is choosen". FS2020 full reloaded, no change !

Same problem. TCD after landing a leg and continue. If back to menu, it does not appear

Yes.

all legs started under SU10 CTD as described by OP.

Similar. I have tried two bush trips. One crashes. One does not.

I have a two-leg bush trip that I made with BTI. After reaching the end of the first leg, I clicked continue and then crashed. I was in Windowed 3840x2160 mode, TAA, DX11, NVidia 3080. I’d bumped up the LOD sliders.
I switched to a shorter bush trip and did not CTD. I tried using the same plane (Baron G58) and a different plane (TBM 930), windowed and full screen modes, a couple of different legs. None CTD’d when I clicked Continue. This is with the same mods installed that CTD’d in the longer bush trip.
Both trips were made with BTI 2.0.1. The one that crashed was much longer, had custom (bad) weather, and a couple of mandatory waypoints. It also required that the parking brake set and engine off to complete the leg.

1 Like

Yes

Started one of the new Canada bush trip, and had the crash after every leg. Removed everything from the Community folder, and still happened.

Yes exactly the same issue

Fault bucket 1599167045803452784

Yes

Had completed 3/6 legs of the Denmark Bush Trip, no issues. After leg 4/6, after landing and getting leg completed, crash to desktop when I clicked on Continue (1695930952684268082, type 4). On restart, and loading up the same bush trip, was marked as 4/6 completed, previous completion was saved correctly. Started 5/6, landed successfully, game crashed again just after getting leg completed, and clicking Continue (1695930952684268082, type 4).

I may have found a fix which works for me.

I tried the Alaska bushtrip (unalaska to kulik) and chose leg 7 from PAPE to A79 (as it was only 14 minutes) and found I could choose “continue” after landing without crashing (CTD). I had closed all additional multiple windows and closed the popped out Navlog and VFR MAP windows. I generally pop them out as separate windows so I can keep my central monitor clear to see the ‘view’

I found that if I have the Navlog and VFR MAP popped out as separate windows I get CTD, but if they are just open within the main screen and not popped out I can choose continue and I get to the next leg where the plane is refueled and waiting to take off. It works for me. It may work for you. I can continue with the Multiple Windows options (I have three monitors) without problems.

2 Likes

Right ! It works

Yes, exactly the same, also after septembers update.

I have the same problem, after SU11. I never go back to main menu however, because previous experience learned that i loose GPS for the remainder of the trip when i do.
Also noticed that the trip is not saved in the ACTIVITIES folder.

Yes

Happens even when popups are closed as previously suggested

I dont say this is a “fix” just a workaround as there is an underlying regression, though well done for finding a workaround that may work for some of us. I also use pop out windows, so you may be onto something, nevertheless this would need to be fixed.

Yes, exactly same.

1599167045803452784, type 5

I can also workaround this issue by bringing in my popups on other screens onto the main screen before coming to a stop.

Yes