CTD after exiting the Beta and reverting back to last stable

Now im stuck with figuring out if i need to un-install FS2020 completely, or wait for a potential fix for this issue ? Any suggestions will be appreciated so i can get back in the sim!!

ok nv, just read i have to do a full re-install. :frowning:

Instead of reinstalling the whole 300 GB you can just delete the files which the beta has overwritten and then reinstall them (in my case 50 GB). For steam under
\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Official\Steam
sort by date. Ideally you should know when you entered beta. Delete all files with the same date you entered beta (or the files with the newest time stamp), run MSFS and it should download the missing files. If possible backup the whole content folder (200 GB) so you save yourself from installing another 50 GB. Obviously before you delete the files make sure that you have left beta.
Do this at your own risk!

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I removed myself from the Sim Update X due to issues I was experiencing with stability and degraded performance as well as compatibility with 3rd party addons. I then updated the simulator in the Microsoft Store. Now when opening the sim, it CTDs while loading each time.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I joined the SU X beta and updated the sim. I started the sim several times and tested different aircraft at various airports. I then left the SU X beta on the Xbox Insiders app, updated MSFS in the Microsoft Store, and restarted the sim (with and without community folder empty–same result). The sim then gives an error message and CTDs when loading up.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i7-10750H, RTX 2060 mobile, 16 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD (separate from C drive)

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault bucket 1914974813637256759, type 5

Are you using DX12?

No

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes

Left Preview from Xbox Insider Hub. Restarted PC, launched game, CTD. Retried in MSFS Safe mode, CTD.

Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.26.5.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.26.5.0
P7: 00000000
P8: 80000003
P9: 0000000001cbcd92
P10:

MSFS App 'Repair" or “Reset” did not resolve the CTD. Next step is an uninstall and install.

Yes

Opted out of SU10 beta, loaded back in and CTD while loading into game. No error message. Opted back into beta and no more CTD

Yes

CTD with the beta, loading a flight in 2d ready for VR, crashes during loading (around 75%), same if I load within VR. Tried dx11+dx12, same. Opted out of the beta, restarted, updated, restarted, loaded, cant get through to the main menu at all now.

Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.26.5.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.26.5.0
P7: 00000000
P8: 80000003
P9: 0000000001cbcd92
P10:

Yes

This is my windows error log when the application fails:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001cbc4c2
Faulting process id: 0x6354
Faulting application start time: 0x01d893b6b47f4303
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 9b1e91c0-6ebc-4dea-b376-7c3ec6f70f8a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1909424128218737502, type 4

Reinstalled the installer in steam (not the whole game) and finally got back into the menu (in beta). But it took like 15 minutes to load in. Guess im going for a full reinstall soon…

Yeah, I got back in via re-opting back into the beta. Managed to load into a little flight this time, seems a bit more tempermental at the moment (same settings as pre-beta), I’ll see if there’s any official word before I do a full reinstall, as it takes an age on my system :weary:
It must be something to do with some files being left over from the beta, stopping us from reloading once we’ve opted out.
At least for me, there was a 1.2gig download in the store, a very quick update on the loading/“checking for updates” screen, and then some updates on some of thr world update downloads…
But opting back out, I’m only getting the 1.2gig download in the store - then it CTD before the loading screen…so in theory, its trying to load but finding some things that arent meant to be there :man_shrugging:

Yup. MSFS his horribly bad at deleting content so that probably whats wrong. Im doing a fresh install now but had to find hidden folders and delete them manually since steam doesnt properly uninstall the game, it only uninstalls 1.2 gigs of it. Not joining the beta again, lol

Same here.

Hi, may I make a suggestion that you add an optional step (in the beta opt-in instructions) to backup the official packages folder. I believe that would help avoid a full download/reinstall in most cases. The user could simply opt-out, refresh the app, then point it to their backup packages folder during setup.

Edit - I guess this would only help on PC though.

2 Likes

Good idea, unfortunately too late for me.

1 Like

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

I noticed that SU10 was causing visual issues with the PMDG 737-700 cockpit, so I reverted out of the SU10 beta and ever since when I start up the game it gets halfway through the loading screen then CTD with exception code 0x80000003
Edit: I started the sim in safe mode, same CTD happens

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Opt into Su10 beta, load into the PMDG 737, exit FS2020, opt out of the SU10 beta, then start flight sim.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

1909424128218737502, type 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

After opting back into 1.26.5.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Yes, I was getting strange CTD during SU10 beta, tried to opt out, now it CTD’s on launch.

Have also tried a full reinstall, as well as deleting community folders etc. Must be something lurking somewhere.

Same Fault, Fault bucket 1909424128218737502, type 4,
Problem signature:
P1: FlightSimulator.exe
P2: 1.26.5.0
P3: 00000000
P4: FlightSimulator.exe
P5: 1.26.5.0
P6: 00000000
P7: 80000003
P8: 0000000001cbc4c2
P9:

Yes, Steam, full reinstall, so nice to see players in the sim again, the amount of people “excited” for the new thing is quite low.

Trying to get back after a beta uninstall. (Xbox Insider hub). CTD everytime. Safe/standard mode startup, no updates check, showing latest world update and activities…ctd (after about 50% on the progress bar).
Would really like to get multiplaying again! (Not many beta payers out there). Praying for a fix, after all i was only trying to help debugging the beta for the new update (10). Regards Sean768

ON the PC with Steam I unfortunately went full reinstall.

Kills the better part of a day. :frowning:

Same here - on steam - CTD every time once I exited beta. I joined but did not know that this means in beta cannot use multiplayer with our friends anymore (unless they all are also go to beta verwsion). Reverted back and CTD every time no matter what.

The beta announcement sounded like we can easily revert back.

Had to do full reinstall.

I think future beta should be clear that:

1. Multiplayer in beta is only for those in beta. You will not be abel to see other non-beta multoiplayer users.
  2. You will CTD if you exit beta.

Yes

When I installed SU10, MSFS updated a bunch of packages. Unless I missed something, reverting back to SU9 did not result in any packages updating. Starting MSFS resulted in a CTD before I ever got to the menu.
The net result is that I had to completely reinstall the sim, including my entire Official folder. Reinstalling the sim by itself did not help: The only thing that worked was deleting my entire Packages folder and reinstalling that, too.

No fault bucket given, but here:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001cbcd92
Faulting process id: 0xd30
Faulting application start time: 0x01d89fc0518abbf1
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: f04c6af9-0181-4288-8017-f683417cf5ca
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

1 Like