CTD after selecting an departure and arrival airport

So once I click on the word screen and leave it as is the sim doesn’t crash but as soon as I select a departure and arrival airport about 10-20 seconds later the sim crashes and the same thing happens when I load a .pln file. I’ve tried everything including a fresh install which worked for like a day. I’ve ran out of ideas and don’t know what the problem is

The last time I’m getting CTD was because I removed too many aircraft as Generic AI traffic.

So what was your steps to fix it and was you having the same problem as I was?

Well it was a self inflicted CTD. I made changes to the official game files by removing all the generic airtraffic to be usable as AI traffic so that I can force the sim to use the A320 as generic traffic, I wasn’t aware of the consequences that the sim needs at least 1 aircraft to be set as generic, and since I use the A32NX, it was replacing the aircraft to have no generic air traffic at all. So it always CTDs on the world map.

I solved this by making the A32NX mod into Generic traffic. so that it’ll always have 1 generic traffic active. But this shouldn’t be an issue anymore since the A32NX is separated into a standalone aircraft now.

1 Like

OP - remove every single folder from your community folder, restart and see what happens. This was happening to me yesterday (about 6 CTDs in a row) and ended up being a bad livery.

1 Like

So I figured out the problem it was the Steam Cloud Backup. For me the profile_00 file was corrupted I guess. Moving the files out, starting up the sim again and let steam generate new cloud files fixed it. Once I did that I would add in the old cloud files back in one by one (so I don’t lose my controller configuration) until the crash happened again. Here is the link to the steps I followed for the fix.