CTD an hour on flight

Haven’t had a CTD in a while till today. Event Viewer Messages below

PC.

Microsoft Store version

Developer Mode = NO

Brief description of the issue: FBW A320 CTD at Susanville CA FL360 - Flight KSEA to KLAX -

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: None

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: SIMBRIEF flight KSEA to KLAX. Exactly 1 hour into flight at FL360 MSFS locked up for about 10 seconds then CTD

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: |OS Name|Microsoft Windows 11 Pro||---|---| |Version|10.0.22000 Build 22000| |Other OS Description |Not Available| |OS Manufacturer|Microsoft Corporation| |System Name|AURORA| |System Manufacturer|Alienware| |System Model|Alienware Aurora R7| |System Type|x64-based PC| |System SKU|0858| |Processor|Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)| |BIOS Version/Date|Alienware 1.0.25, 9/6/2021| |SMBIOS Version|3.1| |Embedded Controller Version|255.255| |BIOS Mode|UEFI| |BaseBoard Manufacturer|Alienware| |BaseBoard Product|0VDT73| |BaseBoard Version|A00| |Platform Role|Desktop| |Secure Boot State|On| |PCR7 Configuration|Elevation Required to View| |Windows Directory|C:\WINDOWS| |System Directory|C:\WINDOWS\system32| |Boot Device|\Device\HarddiskVolume2| |Locale|United States| |Hardware Abstraction Layer|Version = 10.0.22000.1| |User Name|AURORA\PC| |Time Zone|Pacific Standard Time| |Installed Physical Memory (RAM)|64.0 GB| |Total Physical Memory|63.8 GB| |Available Physical Memory|50.7 GB| |Total Virtual Memory|73.3 GB| |Available Virtual Memory|57.7 GB| |Page File Space|9.50 GB| |Page File|C:\pagefile.sys| |Kernel DMA Protection|Off| |Virtualization-based security|Running| |Virtualization-based security Required Security Properties|| |Virtualization-based security Available Security Properties|Base Virtualization Support, Secure Boot, DMA Protection, Mode Based Execution Control| |Virtualization-based security Services Configured|| |Virtualization-based security Services Running|| |Device Encryption Support|Elevation Required to View| |A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.||

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I had the same some time ago.
It was linked to Mouse driver issues (using a MS Mouse + driver while having Logi drivers active for Keyboard)
When I disable MS Mouse it works without issues.
Looks, that MS Driver or Mouse use high process load when ‘wake up’ after longer idle time, this caused crash.
I also monitored it on same machine on other software (Cubase pro)
is a AMD 3900 64 GB RAM, SSD’s

Random CTD just now, flying from Lands End to Bristol, about 3/4 of the way while flying the stock C152. No addons except the Asobo stock world packs (UK, USA, Norway, Germany, Japan).

Fault bucket 2305820221165158800, type 5

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.7.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c0eb98
Faulting process ID: 0x4798
Faulting application start time: 0x01d862caec51a96b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: b1865c1c-574e-42d3-ae2a-10b420e25fe4
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.7.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

My system is quite old now, but it does get consistent frames. I have abused the ever loving sh*t out of it for years and it’s been rock solid stable, I’ve never had issues outside of this one bit of software. I am running a burn-in test as we speak with no problems. I don’t think it’s my hardware that’s at fault.

I was considering upgrading my PC to run this thing better but looking at how many people are getting CTDs with much better hardware, I think I’ll hold off… and won’t be investing further in this title. This really hasn’t moved on in two years, has it?

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Game freezes, then CTD, no other messages, about an hour into the flight. Photogrammetry enabled, live weather enabled, no air traffic enabled.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

N/A

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Fly from Lands End to Bristol, bee-line, at 1,000 feet in a Cessna 152?

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i5-7600K 4.47ghz, nVidia 1060GTX 6GB, 32GB RAM, running packages from an SSD, flying with an XB360 controller

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Uh, the latest one? I literally just reinstalled and updated, this was my first flight on the sim in 2 years.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi,

I’ve been having a similar issue since SU9. I thought it may have been related to traffic (shipping, cars and aircraft) and seemed to get linger flights with the traffic sliders turned to zero.

I don’t fly the stock aircraft though, so it may be something unrelated.

You could always give it a try and let us know if it improves anything.

Yeah because there’s no actual error reporting we have to resort to voodoo to try and get this thing to work, don’t we? Why is this still a thing? How is “5” an acceptable error code in this day and age? You might as well shrug your shoulders and say “it broke”. Forza does the exact same thing so I wonder if this is a microsoft thing.

Why can other games, other sims tell you what file, what line, caused an error but a multi-billion dollar effort like MS can’t?

2 Likes

Same with PS tbh. When something crashes out you get nothing meaningful.

I’m beta testing an aircraft so doing some longer runs and thats when its started. I looks like it might be driver related at my end as when you dig into the logs it talks about kernel mode error. Trouble is I don’t know which one. Its not Nvidia.

Try to enable Debug Mode in nVidia Control Panel.
This seemed to fix my CTD problem (RTX 2080 Super) when FPS is uncapped.

1 Like