CTD as soon as Microsoft login window appears

It seems at this point any one of the dlls will be the faulting module, but this was all happening before installing the NXI. I did install it after I was finally able to get the sim running, but it’s crashing without even being in flight so I don’t think it’s that. The world updates won’t even install properly.

I’m suddenly remembering something that preceded a lot of this.

I have two Microsoft accounts:

1. a personal Microsoft account, the one that I use with the sim and my Windows profile.
  2. a work Microsoft account, which I only ever used with Outlook, Word, etc.

One day I was trying to use Word or Excel and it made me log back in. It asked me if my computer was a work computer. I think I said yes, thinking I had to for it to work. This caused issues with my main Windows profile where it wanted me to set up a new Windows Hello login, etc., which I didn’t want to do, but I did to get it over with and access MS Office.

Afterwards I realized my mistake and logged into my WORK Microsoft account and “disabled” my personal computer as an authorized work device. This means that if I try to log into any MS Office products now with my work account, it’ll tell me “This device has been disabled.” That’s fine, BUT…

That’s when this problem started. I was getting CTDs before that, for sure, but not this persistently and not with any of these other side effects.

I think I need to try creating a new Windows profile? :thinking: I’ll see how that goes.

yes… these was also second part… the first part with the WwiseLibPCx64P.dll remembers me at some issue with sound drivers ( asus sound tools )… therefore my quesion.

You can try to disable for test-case the windows audio service ( yep, no sound… just for test ).
If that help all the other sound-issues can be checked ( Nahimic, Ausu tools, etc ).

I do see a Nahimic services process running sometimes. I usually kill it when I see it. I also have set Asus Sonic Suite to not run at startup.

oh oh… Go to “services” and Disable Nahimic services. I also recommend to uninstall all these Asus stuff, it realy caused so many trouble. Also, some users reported it was these “asus mixer” which caused issues ( not exist on each installation )… All these sound stuff is realy a pain.

It is not in each case that e.g. Nahimic cause issues, but just often… I removed this service and all these asus stuff in meanwhile manually from my disc + registry… As mentioned, easiest test-case is disabling windows audio service for a test-run.

1 Like

Ok, disabled Nahimic

I also disabled Armory Crate. All other ASUS stuff seems to be disabled. Going to do another test.

1 Like

yeah… also these tool :rofl:

World Update II: USA is finally done, working on World Update III right now, about half-way done. I strongly suspect something is still wrong as I’m still getting weird side effects when the sim is running. I’ll probably try a flight soon.

i hope you can solve your issue,. but to me its clear you created it.
with the way the ms store works its best not to meddle with it.

Thanks for… that? “If you don’t have something nice to say…”

I strongly disagree with your drive-by assessment. Please leave it to the folks who are helping. I’m not even sure what you mean by “ms store” - I have not done anything at all with the Microsoft Store, other than what Asobo themselves suggested I try. So I’ll go with Asobo on that.

The trick with PCs is, unlike a console, they are used for a lot of things beyond a single game. It’s easy for things to go wrong.

Don’t argue, we have to find the cause :slight_smile:

Also in case the issue was caused by the OP, he wants to fly again… and now,… back to testing work :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s promising at least that downloading World Update III has not yet crashed the sim! If World Update V-VII also download I’ll be feeling a lot more confident. Edit: Ah, dang. Decompressing microsoft-uk-points-of-interest-0.1.19.fspackage.002 is stalled. Expecting a CTD any second now.

Edit, still no CTD but it’s still hung on that file, and I am pretty certain this is the reason: If you attempt to extract that exact file, it has CRC errors for two files. This is consistent with the same issue with other files decompressing.

Somehow, the downloads become corrupt and as a result, decompression stalls.

if we stay “in no CTD” situation , you can let re-download these file, so far I know… but why it happens, hmmm… and not open the zip files while msfs is running :slight_smile:

here an intressting topic related to that too… RAM was already under suspection…

1 Like

Unfortunately I just looked and my RAM was not overclocked at all. XMP was off, RAM was running at 2133 instead of the advertised 3200mhz. Just for the heck of it, I enabled XMP profile 1. That sets it to the advertised specs. Figured it can’t hurt to try. The sim crashed during the next file download (same one it crashed on before actually, UK points of interest. It didn’t even make it to decompressing, it crashed before the file was done downloading. Faulting module was FlightSimulator.exe this time.

I am now on a different Windows profile, and unfortunately it gets stuck in a neverending download loop with the remaining files of World Update III. I completely deleted World Update III and started over. It got stock decompressing another corrupted file shortly thereafter. No reply to my ticket yet, though I’m sure they’re busy with SU8 test feedback.

I also did a quit test flight. CTD within 30 seconds again. This time the faulting module was nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll.

That error is an Nvidia driver error.
Notice the same time frame!

The problem is, nearly every module has faulted now, not just this one. It seems nearly random which dll is going to be the fault now. In that post, the OP also has the same problem with other games. In my situation, it’s completely unique to MSFS.

1 Like

I wonder if you would be better off in the long run, formatting your drive, and reinstalling Windows.

1 Like

At this point, it’s about all I think I have left to try. I was hoping to find a solution in order to help narrow down some of these bizarre CTDs but something is definitely fundamentally broken. If I reinstall Windows and the problem goes away, at least I’ll know it wasn’t hardware even though I won’t know what it actually was.

1 Like