CTD at specific coordinate

Hi @TheSevenflyer , @edge335034

thanks for reporting back.

Seems not exactly same error message, but migth be same generaly reason if you can allways reproduce the CTD at known coordinates.
Possible you can made a screenshot of VFR map, so we can easily try this position too ( airport, ndb, xxx nearby , you fly a specifiy route from A->B , … ect ? ) .

In each case don’t forget to create the ZenDesk ticket :slight_smile:

In order to reproduce the bug you can:

• first select one of the nearest airport as arrival (LICA or LICR)
  • then copy-paste the coordinate i gave in the first post ( 38.36803449520116, 15.841331083358254 ) into the search-bar and selecting them as departure
  • Finally, from the navlog, put 1500 feet as altitude.

As soon as it loads and then it enters the pre-flight screen, the game will CTD.

Otherwise you can start from nearby and reaching that coordinate, as you “desire” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

reproduced

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.12.13.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5fda3fe4
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: FlightSimulator.exe, Version: 1.12.13.0, Zeitstempel: 0x5fda3fe4
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

reproduced

same 0xc0000005

I also flew from LICR along the coast in direction to the coords

it starts to CTD here:

→ so it is not because of entering/use coordinates, must be somewhat “on / with” the map

Hi @IlPres995!
Make sure you submit this to zendesk. When something is reproducible, it’s important to do this.
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

1 Like

Yes, this is what me and @edge335034 meant (actually he found the bug). I gave the coordinates as a reference point for reproducing the bug. Thanks for helping!

I filed the issue aswell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing up the issue.
Because of you two, this will now get corrected.
It takes a community together to help mature this sim!!

3 Likes

It will but you will likely need to wait. I have tickets from 5 months ago that are not resolved yet. Chen again, mine didn’t involve crashes Esc may get more visibility because of this.

When I get the chance this weekend, I’ll replicate this, and log a ticket as well.

1 Like

And don’t forget to vote on this.

Thanks for your reports here and on Zendesk.
This issue will be fixed in the next Microsoft Flight Simulator update.

4 Likes

I’m curious to know, what was causing the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

I forgot to click on the reply button but i was writing:
“Well let’s hope it will be fixed soon!”

So it will be :smiley:

1 Like

Just tried and it crashed :confused: also i wiped the rolling cache (the manual was deactivated) and still it does not work.

1 Like

It looks like last update fixed the issue. Good work Asobo!
Can you guys confirm the bug is not present anymore for you aswell?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.