CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

I wish we have an On/Off switch for all addons individually so we don’t have to download and test everything over and over again.

3 Likes

I also recommend reducing ground vehicles and traffic, especially cars to 20-30. Car traffic moves so erratically that it breaks immersion for me and better performance is a bonus here.

1 Like

Has the latest update improved performance, LOD and CTDs in the beta? Got an update just now

1 Like

The LOD was already fixed. The CTDs seem to have greatly reduced.

1 Like

Link to release notes please!

The earlier patch notes are in the same forum.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-notes-1-30-11-0-january-9th-2023/569024?u=wellredbarron

1 Like

So I decided to test the beta, I’m currently doing a Long haul with the a310. Will report back once I landed

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I had already my sliders down to 50 but as you say for those addons that crash it is an option to play with and your suggestion of only downloading airport that are used is a good one. For those that do not know in the past a Google sheet was created that shows what works and what has issues on XBOX X/S. Not sure if it is still updated but it has some good info and might help those in doubt as to whether they should buy something or not… I would also encourage everyone to update with their own findings as it is the best collection so far and it avoids having to scroll through here or ask.

3 Likes

Game is still crashing in beta. Although I think performance and visuals have been slightly improved in the latest update. Could be a placebo. Fps still tank and lag at really busy and large airports.

Anyway, anybody know if a date has been a set for the public release this January?

If it’s continue to crash the Sim, they should keep it in beta and so create time for themselves to fix it properly. Simple is that.

But did i read January 23rd somewhere?

Have you tried reducing ground vehicle/workers sliders to 20 for better frame rates?

Still zero crashes on my side but I’m not using third party airports.

1 Like

No fixed date as far as I know. They will release a new roadmap for 2023 in the next developers update.

1 Like

The bug-logged tag can only be entered by Microsoft/Asobo. You may cast your vote if you wish, but it is not necessary on topics that have this tag. :wink:

1 Like

So I’m back with my report of the flight with last beta build. Flight went really smooth all the way until my gate, nothing bad to report. 8.25hr flight with the a310 from DXB to DUB, both stock airports. Looks like since last update beta has been a bit more stable, will try more flight today using 3rd party and stock airports.

5 Likes

That’s good to hear. My longest flight in the beta was 6 hours long, also without any crashes.

2 Likes

When the beta first came out I did a long flight from YVR to UIO with the A310, both were handcrafted and after landing the sim crashed, i think I’ll try this flight once again to see if it’s more stable

1 Like

I’ve reduced workers/vehicles to 5 now. Might even drop it to 0. With CTD seemingly limited to the 3rd party airport environments I rather limit the memory hit. Personally have not been flying jets in recent months, I’m using TBM or smaller props.

1 Like

I’m using GA planes also but landing on airstrips, refueling without quiting to main menu and taking off to the next place so the hours of flight get long. Flying low all the time, often in PG areas. No problems with crashes in this demanding use but I have indeed reduced every ground vehicle slider to 30. Parked planes are at default 100. Might reduce car traffic to 0 as it’s so erratic and buggy (cars driving on roofs of buildings etc) it only breaks immersion.

Had my first ever black screen event on Xbox Series X landing at DCA with the stock A320N on beta/AAU1. I had the Drzewiecki Design KDCA airport addon and Washington Landmarks, and I suspect the combination of the two is testing memory limits on Xbox. It’s the only place I’ve had major stability issues with addons so far, though, and I’ll have to try it with just one addon rather than both.

I have reduced as well to 0 workers, fauna, vehicles and boats and I think it runs smoother

1 Like