CTD/Black screens increased a lot with LOD fix on xbox

Tell that to bugs.

1 Like

I can put up with it for now as I mostly fly airliners spend most the time looking forward not down and ctds are near enough gone so not game breaking for me

2 Likes

It’s always something with this sim.

2 Likes

The beta release notes are always very short. They are working on other things which we aren’t aware off. We don’t even have an explanation why the CTD’s are so drastically reduced lately. I’m not complaining offcourse, but a little more insight would be welcome sometimes.

Release notes are no longer saying ‘LOD has been fixed on Xbox’ but ‘fixed performance/crash issues’! So, they did some kind of ‘adjustment’, I guess?

1 Like

Yeah there’s certainly increased performance with the texture decrease

3 Likes

Performance on heavy 3rd party and handcrafted airports is phenomenal now. Best I’ve ever experienced in the time I’m playing this Sim. Not one slowdown or stutter. It speaks for itself that personally I’m very, very pleased at this moment.

3 Likes

Last week the game was running very well on Xbox per forum comments and my own experience

people wanted it to be the public build

Now I check the forums and people are upset the graphics are once again diminished!

Just to clarify, was there another beta update version released which triggered this? I haven’t flown due to time constraints this week.

1 Like

Yes, there was a beta update yesterday and the graphics are downgraded now compared to previous beta versions.

And we are past mid January when the next public build was promised to be released to fix the LOD Xbox issues.

Is not that hard to read. January 12th, 2023 Development Update - Microsoft Flight Simulator

I play on Xbox Series X and haven’t noticed any changes yesterday/today re. LOD or performance or anything - beta still working great for me apart from occasional random black avionics

1 Like

They promised a fix for the graphics publicly back in early December when they caught the “bug” and stated it would be approximately mid January release.

If they are pushing back the timeline now, that proves the point they did not meet their promised fix date Jan 15th.

It’s not that hard to look at what they previously have stated

1 Like

With this beta build I had a couple of CTD at Rome Fiumicino and Miami, hope we’ll be back to a good build like 1.30.11

And is not that hard to think that if it isn’t released yet is because is not ready to release. I would prefer a delayed and a stable sim that a rushed update. :unamused:
It’s the same with WASM support for xbox, isn’t ready yet and they didn’t released when it was supposed to be release in SU11.

3 Likes

Guys, are the frames lagging and then catching up for you in really busy photogammetry’ed cities like Miami, LA or New York for example? I also noticed this in the photogammetry’ed cities in Australia and Europe.

It’s so annoying
 Completely breaks immersion and sense of speed during those high speed low alt sweeps.

I notice this on heavy 3rd party airports as well, when on the ground using the drone. I thought it was gone with this latest build, but just now I noticed it too.

My honest opinion : I so much prefer this, over a CTD or black screens, especially during approach. That’s killing. This was introduced in one of the previous beta builds. But, I can imagine that when once you are actually flying, it can be distracting. So far I haven’t noticed it during during an actual flight.

2 Likes

By frames lagging do you mean stutters? Or do you mean slower than 30 FPS frame rates?

I flew in the SF Bay Area yesterday and I experienced none of that. I’ve got 3rd party KOAK, Global Shipping, airport ground textures, regional airport vehicles and San Francisco & San Jose night lighting add-ons all going on in that highly congested region, too. The sim, for me, was very smooth there.

It slows down for a couple of milliseconds, 1 or 2 seconds max. Then it catches up again.

But honestly, I see this often with people using top of the bill PC rigs as well. We must not forget we are on Xbox.

1 Like

Try do disable the Rolling Cache. Since I have disabled that setting, all stuttering is gone.