CTD each time after selecting plane and airport and clicking on fly

Have you tried with other planes and/or airports? Keep in mind that 3rd party developers haven’t released any updates to address compatibility with the Beta.
If the Palermo airport you have is a 3rd party airport try disabling it and try again with the default one.
Or try a different plane with the same airport.

Thanks, I will.

If you’re using AIG this is the reason for the CTDs. Already confirmed and feedback has been logged by Asobo.

1 Like

To me this is quite an interesting observation indeed. In general I had the impression that following SU10 the overall (response) speed of the SIm has been faster than usual if not quite impressive. This reminds me of old FSX discussions regarding the introduction of wait states while booting - but I may be completely wrong.

I am also facing a similar issue after the latest update of V - 1.27.21.0.

Whenever I am clicking on the Fly button in the World Map section on all aircraft and airports. I have literally been trying for over 10 days for a solution, but to no avail. I tried repairing the app, followed by resetting the same. Also, there is no data in the community folder. I also tried lowering my graphics settings and increasing the cache size. Literally, nothing is working out.

Interestingly, while I try playing in the Training mode, Landing scenarios, Bush trips, etc. all of them work perfectly fine.

Also a recent observation is regarding the network connectivity, it gets disconnected often despite using a stable and strong WiFi connection. My system still continues to be connected to the internet while MSFS lacks the same.

Any help regarding the above would really be helpful.

TIA!

4 Likes

first we need to be sure, that you never had google-maps-mod installed

There are also other reasons and so we have some existing topics you can check. E.g latest I remember was for Steam and probaly invalid input_profiles ( CTD in World Map!? - #31 by Dargelis3433 ) , which match what the existing FAQ mention:

You can do that mentioned cleanup too.

1 Like

I have never installed Google Maps mods. Second, I checked the host file as well as mentioned in other posts and there are no unknown IP addresses (all start within the line starting with a “#”).

No controller settings apart from the default one’s as I just got them new. So can’t do those cleanups.

And mine is downloaded from Win Store, not Steam. Also, the world map loads just fine. Only after selecting aircraft and airports, when I finally hit on Fly now, is when it’s CTD.

2 Likes

Hi - I am having the exact same issue as you. Brand new installation of MSFS, tried all the CTD fixes. Nothing. I did even reinstall it last night. Same ■■■■ issue. I’ll keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with a fix, but very frustrated.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Started crashing after update 1.21.21.0 and continues after both later updates

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Fault Bucket 1695930952684268082

Does not matter which airport, same problem. No mods or adds. Can fly in training mode. This is really frustrating. Have spent much time responding to ms sim support suggestions. Nothing helps.

3 Likes

Yup. Same issue here. Training mode works, but when you try to fly in real mode, loading any airport/aircraft combination - crashes as soon as you click “ready to fly”. On PC, installed from MS Store. No mods. Just a straight, vanilla install.

Very frustrated.

2 Likes

The issue still persists for me as well. After NVidea update for the latest DX12 as well, no change in the status.

Below is the Event Log with Fault ID:

Fault bucket 1599167045803452784, type 5
Event Name: MoAppCrash
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.27.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
P2: praid:App
P3: 1.27.21.0
P4: 00000000
P5: FlightSimulator.exe
P6: 1.27.21.0
P7: 00000000
P8: c0000005
P9: 0000000001b40cd2
P10:

Awaiting any solution around these issues.

still… hmm…

Did you tried already a test-case with disabled Bing Data ?

Have you tried using a direct connection to your router instead of Wi-Fi?

I found this reading the different FAQs at the MSFS Support website:

WIFI

Switch to an LTE or wired connection and try again. We do not recommend using wifi to play Microsoft Flight Simulator, even if your wifi is stable for everyday usage. A wired connection greatly reduces the risk of packet loss.

Note: It says “do not recommend”, not “doesn’t work”. Even though this particular paragraph is about slow download speeds, the recommendation to use direct connect instead of Wi-Fi appears in other recommendations.

Using wired connection. I spent days already trying everything recommended including trying everything in the Crash to Desktop document from Microsoft.

Same hear on XBSX, had 4 CTD in the last hour.

Hello!

Ich have the exact same problem since the last big update. Have tried reinstalling, updating driver etc. nothing works. Really frustrated right now. There has to be solution somewhere…

I too am having CTD issues, same as above in FreeFlight, created a Flight pan, click on ready to Fly
I was able to run normally with current version 1.27.21.0. But since a couple days ago. I am not able to FreeFlight.
Tried different aircraft, creating a short flight.
There’s nothing in the Community folder
Tried Repair
I tried a few of the steps here, with no change
Fault bucket 1599167045803452784, type 5

I am really not keen on doing a clean install, it takes nearly two days to get everything reloaded, not including having to redo all the activities I’ve completed
Running MS Store Premium
Win11 Pro
32GB Ram
Radeon Rx6800 XT

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

choosing plane and airport. Click “FLY” and it crashes to desktop every time. I’ve reinstalled Windows 11 and Flight Simulator and the issue still happens. Frustrating.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes, I did try that. Does not work in that case either. Also, any other mode like Bush Trips / Discovery Flights all run in the very same network. Except for the free flight mode (World Map).