CTD/freezing at Dublin (EIDW)

Bizarrely, mine loads fine at EIDW with either the MK Studios or the default scenery, and I’ve tested it with the default planes and the PMDG 737. But if I start a flight with my VR headset connected it’ll CTD before loading the flight.

I was in the sim when I read this post and I just gave it a try. I activated my VR headset while on the main menu and then went to world map and selected a parking spot at EIDW (MK version).

I was able to spawn in without a ctd. However, I had, a few minutes previously, also spawned in with exactly the same aircraft just to check that it was still loading correctly. I don’t know if that is a factor.

Flew into EIDW last night on finals to 28L with AIG on in the FBW experimental, TCAS triggered due to traffic, sim froze and could hear audio but after 1O seconds CTD, though at my desktop could still here as though the sim was on ……weird
Thought it was the new TCAS on the FBW as have previously flown into Mk studios EIDW lots of times with no CTD ……so after reading this looks very much like Dublin is a no go area, will try again later with the PMDG 737 to see what f I can replicate this but from what I’m reading it looks like EIDW is a no go at the moment

Funny thing is , never had any problems at this airport before, flying in or out except pink aircraft but that’s all

Very strange :thinking::rage:

User
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: Arriving at EIDW with PMDG B737 twice with CTD just after capturing ILS rw12L. Same thing, twice again with Fenix A 320. Tried to start at EIDW with a C172, it does not start crash to desktop immediately

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

every time i try to spawn at eidw the game crash to desktop

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

select any plane, select any spawing spot in eidw, press fly, while loading the game crash

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

latest

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Hi everyone - the devs are currently looking into this. For anyone experiencing this on PC, they have requested Fault Bucket IDs - if you are interested in helping, please feel free to DM me!

Instructions:

2 Likes

CTD on approach to Dublin. Really hope this can be fixed soon.

Also constant CTDs by loading into Dublin (doesn’t matter if default or MK).

I tried nearly everything, but nothing helps.

I hope Asobo can find the cause and fix it. Sad story that it won’t be updated before SU10…

Yes, I uninstalled the UK/IR World update - still constant CTDs.

I’m on PC and I use the default scenery for EIDW. I once departed from EIDW without any issues, however, I had two instances of CTD while on short final to land at this airport:

1. It was a couple of months ago and I was on FBW A320 trying to land on ILS RWY 10 and I got a CTD. I thought it might be an issue with Toolbar Pushback but the second CTD that I’ll describe later proved me wrong.

2. Today when I was on short final again on ILS RWY 10 with PMDG 737, I got a CTD again. This time, different plane, different and newer version of sim, and without Toolbar Pushback addon in my community folder.

So my verdict is that it’s probably some weird problem with the scenery around this particular airport. I will report the error log

1 Like

Guys, I managed to load into Dublin. I uninstalled World Update UK, closed the sim, restarted my PC, installed UK Update again, changed some settings within the graphic section, closed the sim, deleted the content.xml, restarted the Sim and DISABLED the live weather for loading into the airport…

I am currently now at Gate 406 with the Fenix. I am not too optimistic, but it’s something.

Hi Jayne,

I had a CTD with EIDW just now. My fault bucket ID was 1679001136531515200 and I was on final to 10R at around 300ft. I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Jamie

This just happened to me too… I had just touched down on 10R and initiated reverese thrust (Fenix A320) and BOOM – crashed. (sigh)

No wonder I always land from the east, no jitter, however… I just got a CTD landing from west (I assume landing from north and south is the same), the jitter happened at 7000ft while I was descending

Spent an hour trying to fix this thinking it was just me. This sucks :frowning:

1 Like

I have the marketplace version of EIDW and can confirm that it CTD when I spawn in.

Hi, Yeah… Same here… CTD on approach ILS RW 26L… Also CTD when start a flight from EIDW…

My home base is EIME, can take-off and fly west but cannot fly east over Dublin. Countless CTD’s at this stage. Very frustrating!

Can users on PC provide their Fault Bucket IDs when this happens as Jayne requested earlier so that the developers looking into this bug might be able to fix this for the next sim update in August.

I was having constant CTD’s at EIDW. Tried the Google Map Mod to check if it was the Bing Data that could be causing it and lo and behold, no more CTDs at EIDW.

I guess there is some sort of conflict with the Bing Data coverage and EIDW that’s causing the CTDs.

I understand that that mod is NOT SUPPORTED and frowned upon on this forum but I thought it would be interesting to test.

1 Like