CTD intermittent, i.e., load, on ramp 3 minutes, etc

I had to submit a ticket through Zendesk in which the AI stated it was a credential issue. Try logging out of the Xbox app, reboot, and then log back into Xbox. If that does not fix it then you will need to go through the process at Zendesk to have the AI reset your credentials.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MSFS and it would crash in the installer. Based on the information, this was caused by Xbox thinking I did not own MSFS. Yeah, that is right they don’t give you are warning or nothing, they just CTD the software when there is a credential issue. Weird in that it would start fine then CTD later.

Two days fighting with this game because of lousy DRM.

Roll back Nvidia drivers to 497.29 and try again. Fixed my problems so far.

I’ll try this. Nothing else has worked so far.

Follow these steps…

Have you Zendesked this yet?

They eventually got me fixed. It was a credential issue with the Xbox server.

Everyone here will assume it is your computer. For me it was not the computer, my computer ended up being just fine. Something happened on this last update that caused my credentials to become corrupted. Once I sent them the info to prove I owned MSFS they reset something and MSFS has been working just fine. With the DXDiag and HWINFO files, they were able to figure out it was a credential issue.

I also signed out of my XBox account, rebooted, and signed back it.

I didn’t resort to Zendesk due to this seeming to be an inherent problem that would only be solved with a new patch/fix/update. I’ll try that. I had tried the sign out of XBOX and back in last week to no avail.

Contacted Zendesk. They want me to remove everything (even though everything was working flawlessly before last update) and put in vanilla state. I removed my Community folder and flew a 172 for an hour without a problem, loaded my Community folder back and just received a different crash, but it didn’t go to desktop, just froze screen. Looks like I need to go back to Mr. Lawson at FSUIPC.
Faulting application name: FSUIPC7.exe, version: 7.2.1.5, time stamp: 0x61efef58
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1503, time stamp: 0xb2acaea9
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000008ead3
Faulting process id: 0x6e8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d821e8b96665fb
Faulting application path: F:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 340a0a62-23d6-42ef-8f25-e0838984af2a
Faulting package full name:

1 Like

Did you try reverting your video drivers as I suggested?

Yeah, I did that first before all the other tools you recommended that I ran. Still same error on 497.29. I have the 511.72 that NVIDEA put out last week as a fix and flew the 172 yesterday with my community folder empty without any error. So, it must be something in my community folder.

:laughing:

a note… I checked website and it seems there is a newer version present ( v7.2.16 ) … may be…

OK. I’ll try that. I’ve scanned, run check utilities, updated to latest NVIDEA driver today (that others say is working fine) dumped my community folder and still getting CTD. Still unflyable. I guess I’ll try the new version of FSUIPC now. The other thing I noticed is that the frequencies for my airport - KADS are all wrong when I have a blank community folder. That’s very wierd!

Well, I didn’t even get to the ramp this time before it CTD’d. I think I’m going to try to uninstall MSFS and start over loading back my mods one at a time.