CTD loading any flight, with Live Traffic

EVERYtime I try to load a lfight with Live traffic turned on (or live weather) the flight crashes to desktop after loading about 70%.

If I turn live traffic or live weather off the flight’s load.

I WANT TRAFFIC!! So keeping it turned off is NOT a good option.

thanks for any help

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

Crashes to desktop after loading a flight about 70%

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Try to load any flight with Live Traffic or Live weather turned on

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

EVGA Z590 Dark (1.07) ; intel 11900k ; RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; 32G Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz ; WD Black SN850 Gen4/Windows 11 ; Creative AE-7 ; 4 - 4TB WD Black drives.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

about 4 months ago

Both of these items are “streamed”.
I would look into internet issues.
Does your PC have a download limit set?
Have you got a download limit set in the sim?
Are you wireless or cabled? (cabled often works better)
Any restrictions in the router?
Any ISP restrictions?

I don’t think so, I have 500mbs down and 21mbs up (cable) and I believe it’s unlimited, not sure about problems in the router, it’s a brand new high-end D-Link. I can check. The cable company router is wide open as I use my own in-house.

Not sure about download limits set in the sim?? How would I do that?

It ALL worked before one of the sim updates late last year, I can’t remember which one though, and hasn’t worked properly since.

I went through the CTD solutions topic last night and deleted some files/folders and now it works with live traffic (thank goodness, the AI traffic is terrible), but not with live weather.

I bought REX Weather force 2020 and it worked for about an hour during a flight, then just went to completely clear skies, and I could never get the proper weather back until I restarted the sim. (This seems to be a REX WF 2020 issue though)

I tried clearing the rolling cache (even though it’s not on)
I tried some different graphics settings.
I tried using an empty Community folder.

I really don’t know what else to do.

BUT, at least the live traffic is working, at least for now, and even if I have to start the sim with no traffic I can turn the live traffic on after starting the sim, and that seems to work fine.

I guess I’ll keep plugging away at it, I may head over to REX and see if they might know why my REX weather force seems to turn off, I don’t mind using that, or a preset, for now.

Hi , I also have the same problem, since the december maj I launch the flight and paf return desktop. to have less crashes I have to put the game offline without real weather and Traffic. despite this when loading I have crashes of the game but less frequent and the connection of my computer goes very well. otherwise the tab to empty the cache has disappeared the one have to delete the cache and in recreates one

Well after several flights with Live Traffic enabled, it will again no longer load a flight with live traffic, or ai traffic, enabled at the start.
I can enable it after the flight loads and it works normally…

Live Weather?? won’t let me load a flight at all.

Deleting and remaking some files that seemed to work last time, no longer works.

I know your comment is from a little while back, but if you’re still searching for a solution to the live weather problem, it sounds like you have “Live Players” on instead of “All Players”.

To get to these options go to your world map.
Click the rectangle in the right top of your screen, and you should immediately see 3 different settings.

Again, simply change from Live to All and you’ll be able to set your own weather again.

As for the CTD’s with live airport traffic, unfortunately it’s an issue - Usually due to unstable internet but your wired in which makes this a bit weird.
On my end, I also receive CTD’s once a week or so.
(mostly black avionics however happen all the time) when loading in at an airport with heavy live traffic.
Or coming in for my approach at a busy airport- As soon as the sim has to render the live traffic- Black PFD/MFD happens, then CTD will happen either immediately or as soon as I exit to the main menu.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just started experiencing it after Sim Update 14 released.

If I try to load a flight with Live Weather enabled it almost immediately crashes to desktop.

If I set a weather preset it loads fine, but as soon as I try to change it to live weather it immediately crashes.

2 Likes

I also have this issue with SU14

Loading in with a weather pre-set works fine, then changing to live weather causes a CTD. Loading in with live weather also caused a CTD. Attached is my MSFS report if it means anything to others.

MSFSReport.txt (15.4 KB)

EDIT: The problem is now fixed, the issue I had was not with MSFS itself