CTD Middle of Start-up

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

CTD every session about halfway thru start-up. Start-up horizontal bar always about half-way. Error code 1000; faulty app.
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, vension:
7ā€¦3O.L2.O, time stamp: 0x63c56d8f
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, vension:
L.3O.Lz.O, time stamp: Ox63c56d8f
Exception code l OxSOOOOOOS
Fault offset : OxOOOOOOOOOIdaT6AS
Faulting process id: Ox5d1.{
Faulting application start time z Ox0ld937ebe1f82ce8
Faulting application path: C: \Pnogram
f i 1 e s \Wi ndowsApps \Mi c rosoft . F I ightSimu lator-l . ?O . L2 . O -x64
_Swekyb3dSbbwe\ F lightSimulator . exe
Faulting module path: C: \Pnogram
F i 1 es \Wi ndowsApps \Mi c rosoft . F I i ghtSimu lator-l . 30 . L2 . O -x64
_Swekyb3dSbbwe\F lightSimulator . exe
Report Id : c1b3e5@b-e240-4f1.4-8b5b-c53218L+76O7
Faulting package full name:
Mi c ros of t . F I i g ht Simu lat or_1 . 3A . L2 . O _x64-8we kyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: Ap

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Repair and Reset functions attempted in compliance with Microsoft instructions without success.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OPā€™s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

CTD started during repeated attempts to utilize online services, also without success.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Yes

CTD started during repeated attempts to utilize online services, also without success.

///// Last CTD was Error code 1001 - from Event viewer - Windows Error Reporting /////

Hello @CarsickTrack768,
I would make sure you do not have some type of virus or malware on your device. The above doesnā€™t look like it came from a clean device.

Yes

Same issue as in original posterā€™s description. Using Windows 10. CTD in both safe and normal sim restart options.

The problem on most CTD like this, you will find no Report in the eventmanager. i got lot of chrashes since one week with no eventlogs. Nothing has changed on my side except the win february update.

Most crashes on loadingscreen before flight.

I have made no progress in 22 days with this error after three MSFS reloads and a full Win10 reload. This is on top of the MS/Xbox Authentication error which is also unsolved and on-going.

Hello!
I havent played MFS2020 for a while (1 year at least) and when I came back to it (4 days ago) I could not start it up. At the start up screen, around 90% it frezes. Music stops and no reaction.
I have searched the web for a while and I have already checked Windows, Graphics and General Drivers for updates, I have loged out and in Xbox and MS Store, I tryed to start it as Administrator, with Steam Cloud Sync deactivated, I tryed Offline or to turn the internet off mid start, I followed a list from zendesk website (" How to fix loading issues after clicking ā€œPlayā€ "). I have fully uninstalled and installed MFS2020. I have desconnected all my peripherals. I tryed to stop all tasks I could and start the game without any other program running at the same time.
The ā€œEvent Viewerā€ does not create any event so I dont have any information to give.
I already checked the UserCfg.opt and PreferD3D12 is set to 0.
And all this happends both in normal start and Safe Mode start.

Iā€™m out of ideasā€¦

My PC specs are:
|Processor| Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz|
|Installed RAM| 32.0 GB|
|Graphics| NVIDIA ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb
|System type| 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Edition| Windows 10 Pro|
|Version| 22H2|
|OS build| 19045.2846|
|Experience| Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0|
|Windos Instaled on| M.2 SSD Corsair Force MP500 500Gb
|Game Instaled on| M.2 SSD Corsair Force MP600 2T

Can anyone help please?
Any new ideias for me to try?

Update: Also tryed to Delete UserData from steam, clear steam download cache and deactivate cloud sync. I can start the game once, and when I try to start a second time it frezes again.

1 Like

Same, havenā€™t played for a month and now it CTDs at 90%. Really donā€™t want to redownload anything as I know it will take me like 7 hours and my previous CTDs were never fixed with redownloading / repairing so Iā€™ll just have to wait for some more specific fixes on this one.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.31.22.0, time stamp: 0x6409dda0
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.31.22.0, time stamp: 0x6409dda0
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000001e0f060
Faulting process id: 0x6080
Faulting application start time: 0x01d9703de221e4ff
Faulting application path: K:\STEAM M.2\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: K:\STEAM M.2\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: c76bb257-52a0-4975-9750-4f49e58517b9
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

try the often mentioned hint: cleanup of appdata.

Because you own Steam, in contrast of topics tag ā€˜ms-storeā€™, the folder location is as example mentioned here:

If you had ever installed google-maps-replacements mod, the check/clean the windows hosts file as well.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. Cleaned up all those cached files and it didnā€™t seem to have worked (identical error). I tried to mess around with my paging file sizes also, as that error code seems to refer to it sometimes, but honestly it worked fine with same settings before.

Iā€™ll probably raise it as a ticket with official support before I consider reinstalling, MSFS specifically has terrible download speeds in my region.