CTD on initial load - new issue

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

yes

Brief description of the issue:

ctd after ‘launching game’ on initial splash screen

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.30.5.0, time stamp: 0x6388eb55
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000001c286
Faulting process ID: 0x3038
Faulting application start time: 0x01d908de74afd8da
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: a9549a95-4cb5-411b-b818-c14346862f21
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.30.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

start the game, yes this is now a game

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

not relevant, it was working without issue, and no hardware/settings changed

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

This is how many attempts it took to start the game, 8th time lucky. This is so poor I am almost at the point of removing and never bothering again, still there is no meaningful error message generation and if something was broken PC wise why has it worked after 7 tries? I have never had an issue so game breaking with anything else, ever. Only msfs is the issue and it’s pathetic after over 2 years it’s still in this erratic and almost unusable state.

1 Like

I too have been plaqued with ntdll crashes on startup. No error message, sim just vanishes to desktop and Event Viewer displays the following:

I need to run the sim at least twice to get it to start. Only change recently was updating to 22H2. Using Windows 11 Pro, SU11 (non beta). Hardware includes 3080ti and i9 9900K. No overclocks on GPU

Just happened to me too right after the “checking for updates”. I restarted my computer and all was well. Error logs shows identically to OP.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.29.30.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.29.30.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001809033
Faulting process id: 0x4738
Faulting application start time: 0x01d91b917637e413
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 6291da55-7049-4ed4-9ec9-75a136eae587
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.29.30.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1541126517599255077, type 5

Unfortunately, FS now CTD right after loading any plane (default or addon). I’m still working on diags to see if I can narrow the issue down. Sometimes it works and loads, but then a CTD after a plane is sitting at the tarmac.

Hello all,

pls look to his report, it looks like he is on Beta. OP pls confirm? Your all reports are now std version. Simply, it can be only Beta version problem to his setup, who knows. I recommend to be clear with report your actual version everytime.

1 Like

Hello @OMICO4146,
The Beta usually has objectives on what should be reported. The issue described here has also been brought up prior to any Beta. In cases of this, it should go either in “Community Support” or “Bug Reports”. :+1:

2 Likes

Greetings,

recently and all of a sudden I had several CTDs happening during initial load, the error message I got was very similar to the ones reported here, eventually I solved my issue and described the culprit in this post:

Hope this helps

Just wnted to fly after flying this weekend. And now 5times in a row CTD on startup. I removed the community, updated drivers, tried safemode, nothing works.
Just poof CTD, no error message pops up. No idea what this could be.

I am still getting this error, it is immediately after the very first splashscreen. The error appears to coincide to when it should go black and the full screen parts load. Happens virtually on every first load after booting the pc. Doesnt even reach any progress bar loading stages etc

1 Like

I don’t know if this will help people here but in my case this appears related to xbox networking within windows settings > gaming xbox networking.

Specifically the part that says xbox live multiplayer. It appears that the NAT type was saying blocked for me occasionally and running the ‘fix it’ option, then check again allowed msfs to start without this insta ctd.

I have to add that this was never an issue until recently and most times I have to run this ‘fix’ prior to starting msfs.