CTD on load when internet is connected - No CTD when no internet

I just verified that the Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Accessory Management Service, and Xbox Live Networking Services are all running via task manager. Still CTD. Is the Xbox Console Companion required for Steam users? I do not have this program and I was able to run Flight Sim without it before the CTDs.

Sorry, not sure about Steam. I have the non-Steam version.

But, even if it’s not required with a Steam install, I’m thinking it may be helpful as a diagnostic tool.

a hint about that
 this game is NOT a usualy Steam game. You install with Steam only the main-app and all the content is managed then by MSFS itself ( also not the MS-Store, it goes again further on to a Asobo whater server/account thing ).

Have you tried ?

How is your setting for that ?

And we still wait for informations about:

You sould stop these network-cutting. Nobody knows exactly whats happens in such cases :wink:

We have one case in forum, where seemingly a game-setting cause the CTD, which is of-course also stored within your steam-cloud.
If you realy sure that the issue comes not from login, xbox connection, virt. memory, AV-protection, etc., you can try to remove all your settings.
But be aware that you possible lost logbook, etc. 

EDIT: corrected link

Maybe this helps - disable cloud sync for MSFS

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/steam-ctd-on-startup-after-splash-screen/356188/10

what I already wrote :joy:

Yep, I’m familiar with how Steam installs the “launcher”. Virtual memory is fine, one of the first things I messed around with. CPU 5600x, GPU 3070, PSU 850W, RAM 32gb. I have never used the cloud storage in Steam but I did delete the folder specified in the other thread you linked. Still CTD.

The Xbox app network settings say:
Internet: Connected
Xbox Live Services: Up and Running
NAT: Open
Server: Connected
Latency: 33 ms
Packet Loss: 0%

Well boys and girls, I’m up and running again. I said “screw it” and reinstalled Windows. Currently installing MSFS 2020 without any crashes and looking forward to being back in the skies.

Part of me will always wonder what the heck caused the CTDs, but oh well. Appreciate everyone’s responses and ideas.

4 Likes

Glad you’re back in business! One of those mysterious technical issues
:blush:

Here’s hoping that something like that never comes your way again.

Well I am sitting here with the exact same issue. Have tried everything and can not fix it, really wish there was another option other than reinstalling windows because I really don’t want to do it

You might consider this:

1.Create a new user account on your windows computer.
If this does not help try the second

2.Inplace upgrade/update.

kind regards, walter

Tried both and unfortunately no luck, thank you though

You’re welcome :smiley:

I think this issue is either related or the same posted here:

There I listed the steps that resolved the problem for me.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

these steps did not fix my issue

Looking at my History of recent MSFS CTD, an interesting pattern

Every time that MSFS does its CTD, it is testing/doing a Windows update, or at least checking for a windows update.

Time to disable windows UPDATES when running MSFS and/or force them each day BEFORE trying to run MSFS ??

I wonder if Game Mode disables that?

1 Like

Great Question
 time for more research :+1:

What does Windows 10 Game Mode do?

When enabled, Windows prioritizes processor and graphics card resources to your game. Game Mode can also stop Windows Update from installing driver updates or showing notifications during gameplay.

On my system it was OFF !! so I have now turned it on, and will see if that helps :+1:

1 Like