CTD on start May 5 Update

After update I get a CTD at the check for update screen Event viewer shows 0xC0000035 error.
Help!

Event log:
FlightSimulator.exe
6087d3ea
FlightSimulator.exe
6087d3ea
c0000005
000000000201cdc0
3cc0
01d741e86f6fd6b7
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
c1d67b39-9241-46de-8dae-a9b4aed82af2
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.15.10.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
no
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
no
Brief description of the issue:
crashes just after asobo logo ang beginning of music
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store
Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Is there a “Go to” page or site that has step by step diagnostic and repair recommendations? This is a problem others have had before and it is hard to search and find solutions.

I’m afraid of having to do a reinstall again. I had to do this with previous update and would like to avoid it if possible.

I reinstalled 2 days ago, and the first flight after reinstalled it CTD in 5 minutes. The second flight CTD on approach at 100 feet from touchdown . I then switched from the JF Arrow 3 which I had been flying for over a month to the Mooney, and two flights with no problem.s Going to try a couple of flights today with the Mooney and see what happens.

Are you running any mods? If so remove them for testing purposes. Also remove any overclocks, for CPU or GPU, then retest.

I removed mods - at least those in Community folder - and I have no overclocking. Restarted . CTD repeated. So I reinstalled MSFS and returned mods. So far so good.
Are updates messed up with a modded game if I leave things in the community folder when updating?

Note to self - always removed mods before any update.