CTD past checking for updates - BYPASSED, THEN TRANSFERED?

After 5+ attempts to install the game, I finally got it installed.

However, CTD occurs everytime either on the checking for updates screen, or after, 2/3 the loading bar in.

Here is where things get wild:
I figured out a bypass, by unplugging by internet, clicking ok on no internet popup, then plugging it back in. It loads fine - however, still CTD if I try to restart a flight or do a lot of things it seems.

I then invite a friend to a party in MSFS2020, we’re both on PC, and we both CTD immediately. His game was working FINE, previously, and he now experiences the EXACT same CTD bug. However, the internet trick does not work for him. It appears I transferred a CTD bug over to him by joining a party.

I have contacted MSFS support about this, then gave me generic zendesk links which we have both tried everything on their until the point of insanity, until they asked us for our msinfo files which we handed over. They told us the DLL urctbase was the issue in hand. Then, sent us another generic zendesk CTD link.

We were frustrated by this, as we have tried it over 50 times, so we asked them for an actual response. They said they sent it over to their team, and the ticket will remain open - that was 4 days ago. I have tried following up, yet to no avail.

I paid $120 for this game, convinced a friend to pay $60 and we both can’t even play it and support will not help us.

Any help would be significantly appreciated.

No addons, no developer mode, GTX 1080, i7-8700, 16gb ram, Microsoft store version, deluxe. 1.18.15.0

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: CTD after checking for updates

2 votes have been moved. A vote could not be moved because the user already voted in the other topic.

Hi @raineze!

I’ve merged your topic into another one about the same issue that has more votes, so that we can keep all responses to this issue together and importantly so votes don’t get split between the two. Feel free to continue the discussion over on that thread.

Thanks!