CTD - Possible Solution (Related to .NET Core/Framework AND/OR YourPhone)

Hey,

over the last days i tried to figure out what might cause the CTD on my rig.
Today, when looking the Eventmanger in Windows i came up to another “Application Error” occured right before the MSFS CTD.
The Application crashed or caused the Application Error was “YourPhoneProxy.exe”. Reson here was an Error related to .NET. All the Errors occured in line at the same time.

This happend every time before finally msfs CTD.
So i removed any .NET Runtime (Core/Framework), SDK etc by using Microsofts .NET Removal Tool

[Uninstall Tool - .NET | Microsoft Docs](Uninstall Tool - .NET | Microsoft Docs)

After cleaning up; i installed just the latest available runtimes
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
At last, i removed YourPhone by Powershell Cmdlet, and reinstalled (but not connected to my phone yet)

And finally i repeated my testflight (EDDK-LOWI) and i was able to land at lowi. before CTD occured EVERY EVERY TIME at around 3/4 of the flight.

Maybe others see same things in Windows Eventmgr and will give this solution a chance.

Short Update after testing my Solution for the last 24 hours.

• Seems to be very stable
  • No CTD;
  • tested fast & quick camera movings
  • flights in diffrent regions and areas (urban, mountains, sea etc)

For my rig and the specific APPLICATION ERORR listed in the eventmanager ( .NET crashed seconds before MSFS crashed directly to Desktop): Cleaning all .NET Runtimes, SDK etc helped. Give it a try when you see .NET Errors in the Eventmanager.

When using the MS .NET Removal Tool

• You have to run it by command line from the installation folder(cmd.exe)
  • Installation Path is C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet-core-uninstall

Some usefull commands

Display each installed kind of .NET Application
C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet-core-uninstall>dotnet-core-uninstall list

Remove ANY
dotnet-core-uninstall remove --all

Remove ANY and FORCE removal of .net runtimes/sdk installed by Visual Studio (recommended is to remove them by using Visual Studio Installer )
C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet-core-uninstall>dotnet-core-uninstall remove --all --force

2 Likes