CTD Scenery Editor

Good afternoon,

I’m developing a custom airport since March and until now, I’ve been having CTD’s every now and then when updating the model directly from 3D software, but nothing serious.

Since yesterday, I get CTD’s everytime I open the scenery editor inside game… few seconds after opening the project, it crashes. This is a deal breaker since it is delaying and making my work almost impossible, as I can’t get the 3d models inside the game, because I don’t get enough time to position them in the map before crashing.

Anyone has ideas?
Btw, I’ve updated now the graphics card and SDK to the latest version and nothing changed.
I’ve also put the game at low graphics but it didn’t solve the problem. I’m getting desperate.

Thank you!

Hello, I’m getting the same issue. Works okay until I hit the load in sim button. Straight up CTD.
Tried doing as you did.

-Reinstalled drivers/SDK etc.

Hi!
Just a quick update. I’ve deleted my project completely and saved the blender file.
Created from scratch the folders and also the project at the devmode, following the same steps I did the first time. Now the devmod is not crashing when working on some polygons… but I try to build the package outside the sim to start putting my models inside the game and the compiler has critical errors :face_with_thermometer:
The file tree is completely the same… I can’t understand.

Btw, I’m running windows 11, sdk 0.18 (latest), and export tool 1.1.5 (latest), blender (latest).
The first time I had problems I used the old exporter available online. Had limitations but worked… I want to cry ahaha this seems a game a luck, or I am too bad at this.
We just need a reliable solution to work with…our workflow is awful right now. :frowning:

Please let me know if you have some news.
Cheers.

Hi guys @Verticalsim
I’ve uninstalled and installed everything and started the project from scratch. The devmode was pretty stable with no crashes even the first time I’ve put the model inside sim. After running the sim couple of times, it’s now the same.
Adding a polygon or so, crashes, moving the camera crashes… I quit. There aren’t enough conditions to develop properly, or I am missing something…
I get upset because I’ve lost more time at starting the sim and crashing and loading than making the models, and I have done already 3 big warehouses with lots of details, that’s a pitty.
Strange is that many people have CTD’s not only us…
Cheers

Just went to place down a taxiway point & boom get this error.

I don’t get that type of errors, as the process don’t get that far.
Still here trying dozens of times… the first run of devmode is smoother, then, impossible to develop anything. I place an airport it crashes imediately.
This is just not reliable right now. Idk how big developers do what they do. Maybe they have other tools… or just luck.
I can’t believe dozens of developers have the same problems and it’s because they don’t know what they are doing.
Let’s see…

UPDATE:
I’ve been able to put models inside the flightsim finally, and sometimes I can use the devmode few minutes.
I’ve tried all the above plus reseting and updating the bios and any possible OC, disconnected peripherals that could lead to CTD’s and still getting CTD’s so often that it is impossible to have a normal workflow. Right now it is impossible to make any product at a decent timing. I guess I’ll quit for now. Hope there are good news with new sdk and simulator update. That’s a shame…