CTD SU8 and SU9 - Seeing KERNELBASE.dll often

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No I do not use dev mode

Brief description of the issue:

After a flight for 2+ hours I am having CTD. I just flew with no add-ons running e.g. FSUIPC and PACX and it crashed.
Basically, I was flying from WSSS to YMML. Cruising there was fine. 6+ hours later on the initial descent, I started noticing low FPS at first. As I established ILS and boom CTD. I keep seeing kernelbase.dll and other errors. I tried increasing virtual memory and even a ‘vanilla’ state but this hasn’t helped.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

I guess fly longer than 2 hours maybe 3?
I did a long-haul from Changi to Melbourne (WSSS - YMML). The cruise was perfect. Once I began my descent from FL390 the FPS drop began, as I got closer to the airport the frame rate got even lower. I turned for the RWY ILS approach and intercepted the Localizer, then CTD.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Windows 10 21H2, 3090 Strix, Ryzen 9 5900x, 32GB RAM, game installed on NVMe.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I noticed this start in Sim Update 8. Now we are on Sim Update 9 and it’s happened even more actually but only affected me in the last 2 weeks - that is also when I stepped away from the regular 1-2 hours flights into the long-haul game… So it could be that this issue was there longer than Sim Update 8 but I only noticed in when I started going long-haul.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Annnnd another CTD, this time at the gates when trying to input my flight plan :expressionless:

I’ve been getting CTD too, I installed a older graphics driver and seems to be stable now…

Yeah I was on an older version Nvidia driver but following Asobo steps, I updated everything which included GPU driver and still didn’t help :frowning:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I’m experiencing the same CTD due to KERNELBASE.dll with the last flights

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

It’s started this week (after the PATCH to SU9), after 1.5 hour of flight, more or less
My specs are: I9-11900K, RTX3070, 64GB RAM

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

SAme issue for me…After 3+ hours of flight I get this:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.25.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1706, time stamp: 0x458acb5b
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000000cd532
Faulting process id: 0x6dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d870c0077d073a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 7ddd2a91-5520-4051-9d3a-54b6be043a91
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.25.9.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Seen it twice now after SU9 in the Pmdg and Fenix
but no issue in the Asobo 787 from NZAA to KLAX

Still happening for me. Got it as soon as my wheels touched down at KMIA after a 4hr flight.

Just an update. I moved towards SU10 BETA and ever since I have not had a single CTD (especially in those long-haul flights).

I have done 3 sets of 8-hour+ flights after a clean SU10 BETA upgrade (delete community folder, remove add-ons, start my life fresh again etc) and it has been great.

My recommendation is for anyone with this issue to immediately try SU10 BETA but do it cleanly and get rid of add-ons and community folders before upgrading - you can slowly re-introduce them after.

1 Like