CTD - Weird camera inputs

Hi All,

Did search the forums before posting, has anyone had the weird CTD where a few minutes before the camera goes a bit haywire, suddenly right clicking on the mouse enables freelook but zooms in by itself and scroll zoom stops working, then it will jump around the cockpit views out of control and then CTD - Simconnect throws an error not long after.

Is this just me?

Thanks!

EDIT: Not just me - if you have this issue please head over to this post and vote for it, that way the devs find it and fix it Camera ctd 1.9.3

5 Likes

Yes, i have had the same. makes any flight impossible as it happens every flight usually towards the middle of flight or descending. i can be in cockpit mode watching the instruments, then the pic jumps a bit and thats it, your locked into this crazy zoom in or out is all you can do, in cockpit view or external. try to come out of that view and CTD.
Good to see more starting to report it as your only the third person i have come across with the same issue since the update, happens on the A320 ( both flybywire version ) and the default, also the 787 , Given up on any help and now re installing the whole ■■■■ thing.

Its good to know that i am not the only one with this problem, unfortunately i had the same experience in flight!.

I did clean reinstall after latest patch :frowning:

Yup. Got this issue as well. Report it so we can vote on it.

Any commonality between us - was running the following last time it happened
Simbrief Maps (plugin on)
Rex Weather (Plugin on)
A32nx mod (latest)
Mega liveries installed
thrustmaster pedals
Thurstmaster warthog thottle
Thurstmaster t1600m
logitech switch panel.

Same with me - not running any mods. Logitech X56 Throttle & Stick.

Thrustmaster hotas4
A320 Flybywire
Mega liveries

But before updating , i moved all of the commmity folder elsewhere. still did the same with the bog standard A320 and even the 787 last night

Hello Everybody,
Same for me. Since the last update, I have all the time CTD‘s, which mostly start with weird camera moves. It can happen all time of the game. I reinstalled the complete thing, but no changes. Still crashes all the time.
This game is not playable anymore to me.

For anyone with this issue please go to this post and Vote it up so the Devs can see its a problem and get it fixed

Same here. I went to the extent of removing a320nx and the mega liveries pack to be sure they are not factors. They are not, and this happens with a clean install, and happens consistently about 20 minutes into a flight.

The only thing I can think might have changed on my side was updating nvidia drivers. Not really going to spend any more time on this. The product is just too unstable to be worth my time at this point.

workaround apparently is disable multiplayer traffic (Group only) - please follow the link in the OP and upvote it so it gets fixed :slight_smile:

I think this happens in places where there’s heavy traffic. I disabled AI traffic and all good.

I’ve been suffering this CTD Camera bug ever since 1.9.3 both with and without any mods installed (even marketplace ones).

The simulator will CTD and upon restarting the game will be caught in a game-breaking (because you cannot control the aircraft) camera bug loop that often results in a sort of spiral effect of out of world elements around the edges of the screen.

The bug even extends to the hangar, and this is how to test if your current game will suffer from this; enter plane of choice and Set View to the plane or yoke icon and if you get the normal plane and cockpit views then your game has started normally. If you get a zoomed out Out Of World view, it has bugged.

The bug wouldn’t be so bad if it were remedied by a restart but it seems to persist and happen randomly with seemingly no workaround.

Even if only a few people are affected, the fact that it entirely breaks the game is reason enough to classify it as urgent.

I’ve been having this problem of crashing back to the main menu after clicking the FLY button which presents weird spiral graphics rather than the cockpit view. Assuming it has something to do with the camera views, I started my head tracking before clicking the FLY button and there I was in the cockpit so all was good.

I’ve usually waited until I had the cockpit view before starting the head tracking.