CTD when attempting to fly a Bush Trip without Installed Aircraft

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

Yes (3rd-Party Addons: None, Community Addons: None)

Brief description of the issue:

MSFS crashes if you have the Standard edition and attempt to fly a bush trip with an aircraft only available in the Premium & Premium Deluxe versions. This occurred in the “Baltic Coast of Denmark & Sweden with the C172 Classic” Bush Trip.
Note that there is a second bush trip available for Standard Edition users (Baltic Coast of Denmark & Sweden) that uses the C172 G1000, but this post is not about the ability to fly a bush trip between EKEB & ESSU but preventing an inadvertent CTD if the user chooses the “wrong” bush trip.
Expected Behavior:
Ideally, either
** The C172 Classic variant of the bush flight is not visible at all in the Activities | Bush Flights section for Standard Edition users, or
** The text in the “Start From” button is replaced by “Not Available in this Version” or something similar, or
** The “Start From” button is greyed-out to prevent the flight from being started.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Note, this screenshot shows a “Continue” Button rather than a “Start From” Button, as the flight had already crashed once before I took this screenshot.

[Edit: Added This screenshot:]

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Use the Standard Edition of the game
Navigate to Activities | Bush Trip | “Baltic Coast of Denmark & Sweden with the C172 Classic”
Click on the “Start From” Button.
The sim will crash as it cannot load the C172 Classic aircraft which is obviously not available.

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

Intel Arc 770 (16GB, driver v31.0.101.5333).

PC specs and peripheral set up:

i7-12700K (No overclocking), 32 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 CL40
Peripherals: Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, Xbox 360 USB Controller
MSFS Version: MS-Store, Standard 40th Anniversary Edition, purchased 12/2023, plus All WUs and most MS free aircraft (Pelican, Dune Expansion & Orbis FE Hospital not installed)

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

2266189396170666993, type 5

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.37.9.0. Edit: Also present on v1.37.11.0, but this bug is highly unlikely to be related to the SU15 beta, so not posted in the SU15 beta section of the forums.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

yes

I have the standard edition. That Baltic Bush trip with the C172 classic should be greyed out or hidden for the owners of the MSFS standard version to avoid CTDs and reports why the sim is crashing without any warning.

Same issue. CTD because of missing Aircraft. Cannot reach 100% of Bushtrips.

NO

In the standard version, I don’t have the option of selecting the flight with the classic instruments. My friend has Premium Deluxe and has both flights, see screenshots. If he uninstalls the Deluxe upgrade, he also can see only one flight.

Standard Editor / Premium Deluxe without Deluxe-Part :wink:

1 Like

This finally explains to me why i have never been able to load certain Bush trips without ctd… for ages i thought i must have something wrong with my pc or with the sim install, but the issue persisted with fresh windows install and fresh sim install… at least i now know why.

@QuickMantis6690 Interesting. Looks like your friend is seeing “expected behavior”: Uninstalling the Deluxe upgrade uninstalls the Cessna 172 Classic and the bush trip.

You are also seeing “expected behavior” too. May I ask what version of the standard edition you purchased? My understanding is that there have been a number of different releases, i.e.:

• Initial Release Edition (08/2020)
  • Game of the Year Edition (11/2021)
  • 40th Anniversary Edition (11/2022)

I have no idea if this would explain the difference we are seeing though, as I would have thought that subsequent mandatory updates would have removed any variations between the releases, but maybe this is not the case.

No. It doesn’t uninstall the bush trip. There is only one bush trip package for this trip, just for both planes. By default, when a plane is not present in the sim, the mission is not visible in the activities. Thart’s for official and for custom missions. Test it by yourself: Download a custom mission, have a look into the sim, change the aircraft with mission changer to a plane you havn’t installed, test again. The mission doesn’t show up in the sim.

The other question is simple: Because I am a furst hour customer, it only can be the inital release editor. But all Editions are the same, just the marketing name changed. Almost all of us are on 1.36.2.0 for production or 1.37.11.0 for the current beta. The tests above are based on production version 1.36.2.0.

OK, I’m confused. You said:

which I took to mean that before he uninstalled the Deluxe upgrade, he saw two bush trip flights (see updated screenshot in my OP)

Are the “custom mission” and “mission changer” 3rd-party add-ons? If so, then that is out-of-scope for this bug report. This report is for the MS-Store, Standard 40th Anniversary Edition, purchased 12/2023, plus all WUs and most MS free aircraft (Pelican, Dune Expansion & Orbis FE Hospital not installed), with no 3rd-Party or Community Addons installed or used to verify functionality.

Yes, we are now all on build v1.36.2.0 or (now) v1.37.11.0 if you are participating in the SU15 beta. The content for the respective Standard / Deluxe / Premium Deluxe versions should now all be the same based on the build, but I was suggesting that perhaps that is not the case, which might be a possible explanation for the bug & the CTD.

Okay. I see you don’t want any help. Then I’ll keep my working sim and you keep the bugs. Have fun with it, Happy Easter.

1 Like