CTD when clicking on other players on the world map

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

When clicking on other players on the world map sometimes I’m experiencing CTDs.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

2131708115334793404, type: 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Navigraph nav data causes CTDs in my case, same symptoms as yours. Go to your community folder and remove navighraph-navdata and navighraph-navdata-base.

Yes

Same issue, click on any friend in the world map, CTD

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

no

no need

when clicking on a friend icon in world map most of the times the sim ctd

go to world map…click on a friend icon to see his server and his aricraft or to join a flight

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

9900k 3080ti hotas whartog

su10

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

yes

i never had ctd…this is the first time i encounter a ctd in world map clicking on a friend icon

I can confirm that I also experience this issue.
It isn’t just restricted to clicking on a “friend” aircraft icon… I sometimes get a ctd if I click on a multiplayer who is not in my friend’s list but is showing on the world map with multiplayer turned on.

1 Like

This happens to me too if I click on anyone on the world map.

1 Like

I have the same CTD problem since last night.

Yes

When clicking on other players on the world map, I’m experiencing CTDs. This is recent and since SU10

The solution for me was deleting the Navigraph tool from the community folder.

Ok i deleted the navigrafph folders and I have no more ctd

1 Like

This is definitely still an issue.

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

No

When I click on another player in the world map (airplane icon), the simulation freezes for a few seconds, then crashes to desktop. This issue can be consistently replicated on my PC.

enter World Map, click on another multiplayer icon

PC specs and peripheral set up:

• Legion Y740 Gaming Laptop
  • Intel i7-9750H CPU
  • 16GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI, 6GB VRAM + 8GB shared
  • 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD
  • Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant
  • Saitek/Logitech Yoke and single throttle
  • Saitek/Logitech Radio Panel and Button Panel
  • PXN Steering Wheel & Pedals

1704230802675674121, type 4

1.30.12.0 with WU12

Same thing happens to me since this last update.

Do you use Navigraph? The reason I ask is, when I remove the Base Packages and Add On Packages from the Navigraph Navdata Center, I can click on anyone on the World Map and I don’t get any CTDs.

I have mentioned this on the Navigraph forum, but they cannot reproduce it

Yes

I can also confirm this issue with my PC. Same problem exists when clicking another player on world map. It freezes for a few seconds and then CTDs.

Yes

Seems to happen when Navigraph Navdata Center has Base Packages and Add on Packages installed. When they are removed, the issue no longer persists

Interesting – I shut down the system tray/background navigraph processes (updaters, simlink) along with lots of other background processes, and I don’t seem to have the problem. I’ll see if this is replicatable.
thanks!

UPDATE – latest attempt with sys tray navigraph apps shut down still causes crashes. will try updating navdata center base and addons now, then complete uninstall if that fails.

UPDATE 2 - updated Navigraph navdata center base and addons, no CTDs yet.

Side note: My original event log mentioned //42 campout app module and no others; perhaps that’s a lead. Maybe clicked on someone else with the addon or in a location with campout addons placed?

Well this seemed to have been fixed after SU12, but its broken AGAIN after WU13… SIgh…

1 Like

This happened again to me too. Try this: if you have Navigraph installed, remove the AIRAC Cycle from the Navigraph Data Centre. Then see if you CTD clicking on someone else.

I think they are linked

Interesting…. I’ll give that a try…

Also suffering this issue too when clicking on player on the map. Straight up freeze with 0xc0000005 error. will try navigraph tip…