CTD When Creating Manual Cache

I had the cache working in the past, having spent quite a while populating the areas I tend to fly in. It used to work just fine.

The with the World Update 3, Asobo said in their installation steps/recommendations to destroy your manual cache before installing, so I reluctantly did, and now am trying to use it again.

I am having the exact same issue as @Fear4u2envy but on top of that, even when I try to just keep the UI stationary, I go to save a region, and it 100% of the time crashes to desktop.

On top of all of THAT, the view is also distorted, I think not only is it stretched wide (I am on 32:9 monitor), but it also seems to be tilted at and angle, as as if I’m looking at the area from an elevated position from the south, angled at around 45 degrees.

So for me, the entire thing is a complete mess. I don’t know when I first used it to cache all the data I had, probably before Christmas 2020, so a while back. It worked fine then, although I do also find it laborious to have to zoom in so far to get high detail - I don’t care about storage or bandwidth, just give me ALL of south east England (where I fly 99% of the time) in high quality please, but now it’s not only usable - it simply doesn’t work.

I wonder why this hasn’t gotten much attention, is no one using this feature??

3 Likes