CTDs after months of working perfectly

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
No, all have been removed

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
CTDs when spawning at airport to go “ready to fly” regardless of airport or aircraft. Progress bar finishes and game CTDs as soon as airport starts appearing. Both C152 and A320 training works fine.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz 3.79 GHz 32GB RAM RTX3070

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
No

I’ve updated my GPU drivers, I’ve updated Win10, I’ve updated MS Store, I’ve updated and “repaired” MSFS 2020. Before the CTDs started, I would notice that when spawning at the airport, I would hear 2 voices talking over each other. One was the pilot voice telling ATC I’m at the runway, the other is ATC telling me I’m cleared to go. They would both be stepping on one another. This didnt happen until recently. Not sure if it has anything to do with it - but that’s where my CTDs occur now.

I’m close to the point of full uninstall/reinstall but would like to avoid that if necessary. Does anyone have any ideas?

What does this mean for youi?

It means I searched for the MSFS in Win10, went to App Settings where you can terminate/reset/repair/uninstall the app, and clicked on repair.

OK… CTD:
[1] do you have any content in the Community folder? If so, rename this folder to Community and restart the sim. Any CTD now? If yes, then
[2] hit the W10 start button and type “reliab” (without quotes) and ENTER. Show me the a screen print (Windows key+SHFT+S)

Community folder is empty and still CTD

Next step: in ther Source list of Critical events(3) double click a line; what do you see?

They all say this:

The module vcruntime140.dll is the root cause for CTD and needs a re-install.

• Press the Windows Key + R, type “appwiz.cpl” (without quotes) and then press Enter.
  • Locate the Microsoft Visual C++ programs on the list.
  • Select each entry and then click Uninstall.
  • Download a fresh copy of Microsoft Visual C++ from this page and then install it.
    You will see the Control Panel/Programs/Programs and Features.

On the support page you will find Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019;
    you need to install the 3 executables as stated.
    Should be it !

Thanks KLM1494113! I’ve downloaded all 3 (x86, x64, arm64) and will do this after work. Here’s a screenshot of all the C++ entries I have installed, should I also d/l the older versions (2005-2013) or are they included in the ones I already downloaded?

Take the lower 3 lines

Sorry to butt into this conversation but I notice that before I do anything my C++ x86 version was updated on 6 May to version 14.28.29913.0 whereas C++ x64 is still at version 14.28.29334.0. This is possibly the point at which I started having CTD issues. What do you suggest?

So only remove the last 3? Or remove ALL and only install the last 3?

Only the last 3; the others are not called by MFSF

Excellent. Thanks for your assistance. I’ll let you know how it goes. :slight_smile:

Should be a version 14.28.299xx,0

OK thx. Do I actually need the Arm64 download?

run appwiz and you know if it’s installed.

Yeah I did that and it’s not so I was wondering if I needed it?

… then you can skip it.

Thank you very much.