CTDS after start any airport any plane

Hello i have since a few day the problem that my fs 2020 makes a CTD everytime after start at any airport and any plane

in the even manager i get this massage
CDIEffectDriver::CDIEffectDriver() CoInitialize() FAILED, ret:0x80010106, GLE:0, proc:E:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

before patch where i tryed out this game via gamepass it all worked fine and after the latest patch it now does this.

my setup is
CPU: R5 2600X
GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 32gb ddr4 3200 cl 16
500W psu
game and windows are on ssd
i have latest drivers and windows updates

i play that game rn in 4k medium preset. back then i tested that game i was able to play it fluidly with my 1070 on 4k high preset what fs 2020 recommended me i only had stutters after i loaded into the game.

i alraedy wrote a ticked but it isnt claimed since a week now ( ik things are busy rn)

i pretty much love and enjoy this game and bought the premium deluxe edition but these ctds annoy me hardly.

ik my 1070 isnt 4k capable but all other games i play run smooth without crashes and fs 2020 cecommended me the high preset

There are quite a few threads on the forums where people are reporting crash to desktops and it seems there is no one single cause. Reports indicate that the ‘fix’ for one user doesn’t work for another user etc. Tracking down the cause is very time consuming. I suggest maybe using the forum search function to find other threads for this issue. If you wanted to be brave, even though it is time consuming, you could take the plunge and go ahead and reinstall windows. It might actually save you time in the long run. However, it doesn’t guarantee that it will solve your problem if the CTD is caused by hardware weaknesses (unlikely but possible) or driver issues.

To get you started, here are two links (Link1 , Link2 ) to existing mega-threads about CTDs.

It would also be a good idea to check out the known issues post to see if you are affected by one of those.

For advanced troubleshooting, if none of the other fixes seem to work, then there may also be some useful information contained in this detailed thread: Community Troubleshooting Guide.

2 Likes