CTDs caused by 3rd party airports

Yes… :roll_eyes: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

So check in your LFRS airport folders, if there’s a MaterialLibs subfolder, and if it contains generic subfolder names. In that case, you likely may hit the same issue

i have checked and all it is ok, no generic subfolder names

So probably another issue

Does it CTD when loading flight?
No update available for this airport?
Did you contact the designer about that?

Ok thx a lot I will try it!

i’ve just tested to load near the default scenery, no 3d party airport and I have the same result, so i think it is gona be another kind of issue

Thanks a lot for posting this, only just found it, works as a workaround.
It’s a shame that Asobo and addon makers can’t work this out for themselves.

I have CtD at LFOU yet. Is there any solution?

After update 1.2.1 today LFOU works fine!

After the Nordics World Update, KSEA Seattle - Tacoma Intl. handcrafted by ASOBO and KTIW Tacoma Narrows by ORBX are AGAIN (!!!) causing CTD when or loading a flight from there on the worldmap or when flying close by.

Half of my 3rd party content is causing CTDs on load up or when flying nearby. This is getting really frustrating.

I had the same problem at KTIW. I spent awhile weeding out the community folder and found several other addon sceneries causing the CTD. Two were TAPA and TIST by TropicalSim and the other GMMN by Prealsoft. When I took those out, the CTDs stopped. There may be others, but I don’t have them. If you have the Addon Linker run the Modellib checker. Errors there can cause CTDs. Addon linker will fix them for you.

2 Likes

I know its been a long time since you posted this reply concerning Tropicalsim TIST…but I have the same problem. I did use the Addon Linker Modellib checker, which renamed the modelLib.bgl file to " tropicalsim-tist-modelLib.BGL", but I’m still experiencing CTD with this scenery. If I take it out (uncheck in Addonl Linker), the problem goes away. So, I know it is the Tropicalsim TIST (Version 1).

I’m curious if you have the problem again (after the carribean update) and/or how you solved the CTD issue…

I may have found a solution…so far it’s working for me.

In addition to using the AddonLinker Modellib checker to rename the modelLib.bgl file and update the layout.json file, I also renamed tist.bgl to tropical-tist.bgl and scenery.bgl to tropical-tist-scenery.bgl as shown in the picture below:

Then, in the layout.json, I updated the reference to these two files as shown below:

{
“path”: “scenery/world/scenery/tropicalsim-tist-scenery.bgl”,
“size”: 175790,
“date”: 132639582158507083
},
{
“path”: “scenery/world/scenery/tropicalsim-tist.bgl”,
“size”: 5383,
“date”: 132639159958958571
}

Of course, I saved the changes to the layout.json file.

I then checked the Tropical TIST scenery in Addon Linker to use it. I flew the same flight plan without a CTD…

I’ll keep flying the same route a few more times to be sure…

UPDATE:

CTD returned…still not sure what is causing this. But, the above ‘solution’ is not working…