CTDs every session, faulting file FlightSimulator.exe, exception code 0xc0000005 since SU4 and still has not been fixed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Every session, half way through, the game freezes then CTDs with no message.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

File a flight plan from KBOS (DLC Boston airport from marketplace) to KDTW
Takeoff, then begin descent

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

My current version is 1.26.5.0

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

How to Fix Error Code 0xc0000005 in Windows (Solved),

If you read through this article, you will see that the error is your machine not the game, follow the procedures in there and you should be able to fix it. But again its not the game its you… ;p

BTW the article is not part of the msfs forums, so take care.

Please post the full error message from windows event log.

Your report sounds like it happens always at same location.
Thus, in case you find some thing like “grammar.pggmod”, then see here:

The wierd thing is it happens mid-flight, not on start up, and it doesn’t matter where I am, Ill edit with event log message in a sec

Edit: theres no error message, just this text:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000006aa159
Faulting process id: 0x18a8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8a435c8e83623
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe

Report Id: 4640b6be-5471-41b2-b9b8-1b65f66d6db8
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I would turn the machine off, and reset the memory, it doenst need to happen on startup, just when it hits a bad section of memory, or hard drive etc. Like I said read the article, try the things it advises (within reason) and see what happens from that.

I had a chronic similar issue and uninstalled the Realtek Sound Driver. Voila…problem solved.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I can’t do a simple flight in VR with my AERO

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video: