CTD's/frame drop still constant Xbox Series X

Noticed reduced load time too - tried the Hjet and had a CTD with it on ramp and some stutters - haven’t got any of the others you mention.
Got the Blackbox Islander and Trislander and they’re behaving perfectly - just as well as the Trislander is the aircraft I fly most of the time…

1 Like

Whats weird is that the day I installed the beta, everything was better. Higher fps, everything looked crisp/better reflections. I was sold instantly.

Now without me doing a single thing, I’ve had a completely negative experience this morning and today to the point of it stuttering too bad to land properly.

2 Likes

I know it isn’t as easy as it is on PC. But for those people who did the update to Beta, can you try removing your addons. Yes, I know that means going into Content Manager and having to select and remove all your addons. I’m sorry. I wish there was a quicker way of doing it. But once you have done that, exit the sim, then come back in again. Do you still have CTDs?

I’m just trying to figure why for some people, it is 100% better, and for some people, it makes no difference or is worse. Trying to get to a common point and diagnose from there may help.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a fair point about specifying the aircraft, especially as it looks like third party aircraft might - and I stress might - explain some of the odd performance variations that some people are seeing.

My flight over London was in the default Cessna Caravan and I have no third party aircraft installed. My experience so far has been excellent.

1 Like

Given your past expertise and help testing the XBOX platform how do you feel SUX is so far?

1 Like

So far, I haven’t gotten to testing XBox yet. I’ve been testing bush trips but on the PC since they have made updates to bush trips. And I also have been testing out DEM meshes, as this SU seems to work with DEMs that last SU had a hard time with. I’ve also tested a little with DLSS. I just reloaded MSFS back on my XBox, so I will try this week testing some of the functionality on XBox.

So far, I have pretty good feelings about SU10. If some of the visual artifacts can be fixed with DX12, I might even fully change now to DX12. I’m seeing some of the performance issues gone, even things like scrolling in Content Manager are going smoother.

The big one that I am waiting to test though is WASM support on XBox. So much of the future for XBox lies with that feature.

2 Likes

Sim update 10 beta - XBOX SERIES S

LIVE WEATHER ON

Good report:

GMMX - EGCC

A320 NEO

FMC used for flight plan

3 hours 15 minutes

NOTE: flight was very smooth overall. The frames became a bit choppy and laggy over compact cities like london but otherwise goos flight and NO CTD OR BLACK SCREENS.

In general I have had 1 black screen problem at heathrow when planning a route on the ground and 1 CTD when loading into the sim

2 Likes

SU10 Beta XSX

787-10 Dreamliner BA livery, everyting on, all mods installed. Flight from LLBG(Ben-Gurion)-EGLL, 4H15. Good flight, little bit of stuttering here an there but overall good experience. But like the past, this is only ONE flight. What we need and look after for is consistentsy.

3 Likes

I imagine just doing this can fix it on it’s own, my advice is if possible to determine age when re downloading addons then to start with the oldest. If they have already been patched then use this date instead. The thinking behind this is to avoid mod v mod conflicts.

1 Like

CTD on loading constantly on Xbox X trying to fly from EHAM to EGLC IN Hjet tryed with weather on and off :roll_eyes: Its Strange because it was working really smoothly a couple of days ago :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

SIM UPDATE 10 BETA - XBOX SERIES S

LIVE WEATHER ON

Good report:

VOHS - OTHH / HYDERABAD TO DOHA

777 300 captain sim

FMC used for flight plan

3 hours and 25 minutes flight time

Note: Flight was smooth overall not too much lag however as flying over india there was alot of thick storm clouds which caused some lag whilst flying through them but not too much but otherwise overall a good flight with NO CTD OR BLACK SCREENS

1 Like

Now i have a constantly spinning globe on world map only stopped by moving one of my velocity 1 controls unable to move the world map with controller and CTD in cessna 172 g1000 at EGLC was previously working with no probs

Think I’m going to pull ALL 3rd party scenery down and fly a bit, if I run into an issue with a 3rd party aircraft I’ll try it again in a legacy one. I do a lot of short hops, islands and bush when I fly(anything over an hour seems to trigger a kid or wife to HAVE TO HAVE/DO SOMETHING!!!) so not really a big deal to do it twice.

If it’s smooth I’ll put items back in. I only have a couple newer downloads since SU9 so almost everything I had was zero issues with SU8(or already in gulag). My main problem seemed to be ANYTHING that was animated, being it animated people sprites when they popped in close, to birds, to global shipping, to little trams/metro animations at airports. It could be a simple tiny airport with a moving add-on and it crushed the system worse than some very elaborate scenery packs that did virtually nothing(like Washington DC and all the extras that it came with) for performance. So I pretty much know what my problem 3rd party items are and easy to test and sequester them to causing issues. Some simple items like birds went from popping in with only the tiniest(expected) micro-blip in SU8 like any typical video game pop-in then to a couple seconds of chugging in SU9.

For now I want to go forward with MSFS in its natural state and see what weather and traffic and PG do, as I’ve had it virtually all turned off, feel like I’m chasing my tail with a big hodge-podge of 3rd party. Could very well be one little thing causing havoc with everything. I have a feeling a lot of developers are sitting it out until SU10 to update anything.

Probably will play it ‘natural’ in SU9 for a little bit before loading the Beta. As much as I hate to have to give stuff up, doesn’t do me any good to CTD right when I get ‘there’.

1 Like

SIM UPDATE 10 BETA - XBOX SERIES S

LIVE WEATHER ON

Good report:

RKSI - PANC / SEOUL TO ANCHORAGE

7 hours and 55 minutes

FMC used for flight plan

777 200 captain sim

Note: Very good flight no lag or choppy frames as such apart from going through thin layers of clouds at 35000 feet. NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS

1 Like

My exact experience. It was running great the day the beta went public. Stuttering on and off now (not many CTDs however)

2 Likes

CTD after landing at KBID. Using new G1000 in Kodiak. Plane lost avionics 300 feet from runway 28,. Shortly after landing sim CTD. l flew many legs from Seattle to Anchorage and never had an issue in SU9 with Kodiak.

From 7 months I have this simulator I’m finally glad to say I completed my first ever long haul perfectly from Atlanta to Luxembourg on the 748. All setted ON: multiplayer, live traffic, live weather

No lag, No CTD, No Black screens, all good!

1 Like

I’m not impressed with the Beta. Yesterday, horrendous. Dolby Vision and HDR broken, lag, stutters and the new A321 Neo constantly CTD.

As the days go by, the performance decreases dramaticly/

2 Likes

For me it’s completely opposite. For my personal experience before the stability test the performance was horrendous but from that moment it slightly improved until now that I finally completed a long haul without any issues, never reached that from when I bought the sim

1 Like

I continue to be very impressed with the beta on Xbox Series X. One example of improved performance really stands out for me - yesterday I flew the A320 Neo into Heathrow, coming in over central London with photogrammetry and all live settings set to on. My Xbox Series X has always struggled a bit with this route since launch, with a few stutters always guaranteed. Yesterday? No stutters whatsoever. It was beautifully fluid and I was really quite bowled over.

1 Like