CTD's/frame drop still constant Xbox Series X

I’m not touching the A321 Neo until it gets patched. I will stick with the A320, 787 and 747 Asobo and see how that goes.

What add-ons do you have installed? Just vanilla Sim or also something like static aircraft from LVFR for example?

No A321 Neo for me - just the plain ol’ vanilla A320 Neo that is part of the default sim.

I don’t have any third party aircraft or airports - only the enhanced airports graphics pack and the seafront vessels.

I wonder if people who are experiencing performance issues with the beta could try running without third party aircraft and airports? Obviously that wouldn’t be a permanent fix but it might help narrow down the culprit for some of those persistent performance issues?

2 Likes

I’ve been mostly enjoying SU10 beta despite the broken HDR.

But there’s one CTD I can guarantee and this was the same for SU9.

Sitting on the ramp for too long at a busy airport. Whether waiting at a gate at the start of a flight and spending time plane spotting, or doing the same after arrival - eventually there will be a CTD. It seems airports with of lots of arrivals and movements eventually overwhelm the Xbox.

I’ve seen it a lot at EGCC and EGKK (stock versions). And I had it yesterday at EGKK around midnight when the airport had tens of arrivals waitinf up in the sky, lots taxiing. I landed, sat at the gate and waited. And the inevitable CTD arrived.

It is avoidable. No hanging around. Quickly take off and leave the area. Or end the flight quickly after parking. But sometimes you just want to watch the world going on around you.

2 Likes

That’s not ok because i want to do my checklist before and after takeoff. Also configure the MCU etc…This alone takes around 10 minutes.

3 Likes

Definitely not ok, specially when you’ve just bought another plane and you want to appreciate it for a bit before starting it up for the first time. This can chew up some time.

Some airports are a nightmare to taxi on, taking so much time to get around. It’s horribly wrong to have a system not be able to handle fundamental aspects of “flying” in a “Flight Simulator”. The departing and arriving portion of this can be absolutely atrocious.

2 Likes

SIM UPDATE 10 BETA - XBOX SERIES S

LIVE WEATHER ON

BAD REPORT: BLACK SCREENS AT GATE

EGLL - OERK

777 300 captain sim

FMC used for flight plan

Note: Black screens occurred straight away when loading flight plan information into fmc. There was NO CTD however. The sim has been smooth at alot of other airports in the beta but everytime at heathrow black screens happen.

THIS IS STANDARD EDITION SO HEATHROW IS NOT A HANDCRAFTED AIRPORT EITHER

1 Like

LIVE WEATHER ON

BAD REPORT : CTD AT GATE

EHAM - OKBK

777 300 captain sim

FMC used for flight plan

Note: Was loading in flight plan into FMC and then the sim crashed and a CTD occurred. Amsterdam is on standard edition so is not a hand crafted airport

2 Likes

Dismorning on xbox series x,i had 5 CTD’s in a row, once after take off,the other 4 CTD’s while trying to boot up the game from the xbox dashboard. This is getting ridiculous

2 Likes

The antialiasing issue is not fixed at all. I have a bunch of full resolution screenshots saved from back when the sim was on SU6, and they make you want to cry. The difference between the sharpness and clarity of those vs. what we have now is stunning. There has been a big downgrade in image quality on XBOX since SU9.

Look at your aircraft from the external view (the 172 is a good example). Move the view around and take note of any antennas, gaps between control surfaces, edges of wings and control surfaces, etc. I noticed it on the 172 especially on antennas, the “corrugated” lines along the flaps, and the edges of the rudder. All clearly show jaggy aliasing and no antialiasing being applied at all.

Then I looked at the same aircraft, as well as terrain, from my SU6-era screenshots, and the difference was night and day. For whatever reason, clouds also looked dramatically better and more realistic back then as well. Antialiasing was definitely being applied then, but is not now. The cloud difference is a different issue, and seems to be due to much simpler, graphically dumbed-down versions being used now.

What gets me is none of this should be necessary to get good performance out of the XBOX because we have a clear reference point around the time of SU6 or SU7 where performance was excellent and image quality was similarly excellent. Asobo just needs to figure out what worked before and fix what they broke.

2 Likes

This is just something I have noticed but whenever I get a CTD or black screens, it always occurs when the vfr map has been out for a while or when I open up the vfr map some time into a flight on sim update 10 beta

I keep noticing the ‘vfr map’ pop up on these threads - i’m now wondering if my fairly low ctd count is because i never use it?

2 Likes

Same here I never use it and I don’t get that much ctd’s

3 Likes

Just got my 6TH CTD today,10 seconds from touchdown in heathrow airport,and stutter,freeze then ctd. This game gives me extreme heart burn!

2 Likes

LIVE WEATHER ON
VFR MAP ONLY USED ON DECENT AND CRUISE NOT ON GROUND

Good report:

EGLL - LLBG

4 hours and 15 minutes

FMC used for flight plan

777 200 captain sim

Note: Very good flight overall no lag or choppy frames and NO CTD OR BLACK AVIONICS. This is the standard edition version so heathrow is not handcrafted

Were you using the VFR map?

No i wasnt using the vfr map,i dont use it at all

I have found recently that frame rates seem to tale off the longer you fly, anything more than 4hrs I do start to see gradual decline in frame rates and more frequent stutters. Especially noticing it with live weather

Just had my 7th… 7TH!!! CTD today. done a flight dublin to manchester,landed at egcc(manchester),and when i got to my gate,and walkway was connected,the warning light start beeping in cockpit,to notify the door was open,click on the warning light button to turn it off,instant CTD. Asobo and microsoft need to sort there ■■■■ out! And i was using the 3rd party add on airport,but besides that everything went smooth until the very end…this game is getting worse and worse with something new everyday

3 Likes

Are you using sim update 10 beta?

Xbox Series X

Live weather always on

I’ve never had the issue of a blank screen in an aircraft in the history of this sim- blank screens seem to be specific to Series S from observations.

Rarely any CTDs in the beta so far.

Frames and stutters are a serious problem for me. They didnt exist on day 1 of the beta; it ran great.

Any kind of panning the camera, or especially switching from internal to external, there are debilitating stutters in between what look like good frames.

HDR appears non-existent since day 2 of the beta rolled around, and in general everything looks very washed out and bland. Im not sure what went wrong after that first day, but it was great for a little while.

EDIT: Theres a direct correlation between terrain loading and frame drops. Terrain streaming seemed to reset during a flight and until it loaded back i had fine frames. Whatevers in the photogrammetry/terrain graphics is killing my frames.

4 Likes