CTD's/frame drop still constant Xbox Series X

I also did several 6+ hours flights, with the 787 Dreamliner. With this beta, no lagg, no stutters (or very rare when taxing on busy airports), and last but not least, no CTD’s. This was absolutely not possible with SU9, so I’m very, very content with the overall performance of this beta.

3 Likes

Same here, I did a fresh install on my Xbox S a couple of weeks ago, still had the odd CTD but since the 14 update have not had any more, more fingers crossed lol.
Not using any of my add ons I bought (liveries, LVFR static, shipping) just using plain install with live traffic, PG etc on just multiplayer off. Also have my rolling cache at 16gb.
One thing I did notice was I thought that Paris PG seems better than it has been, not anywhere near the melted mess it has been, or I might just have got lucky!

4 Likes

i’m playing in the last beta update .14.
Since there I had few CTDs . Using some addons. Traffic online. Having good times on sim, bit sometimes after land finishing the flight some CTDs occurs.

1 Like

“Finally, Jorg announced that we have made the difficult decision to delay the release of Sim Update 10 for approximately 2 more weeks. This will give the developers additional time to resolve some issues reported by our community beta testers, especially concerning PC performance”

What i take from this is “xbox?” “Who?”
Do they just ignore the cry out for fixes needed on series x. This really makes me angry with how the xbox community is treated with this game. If pc is so important than why release the game on console seriously if pc is to be focused on more. Console right now in my opinion should be focused on more than pc…why? The console version needs a lot more work focus than pc simmers,not all of us console players can afford a pc worth a few grand.

3 Likes

For Series X users who have been in the beta for the long run… Have the stutters and terrible washed out colors (HDR definitely wasnt working) been fixed? I left the beta weeks ago mainly due to how bland everything looked… as far as crashes/CTDs go though it’s something I rarely ever see with this sim and my console…

The last 2 beta builds are absolutely great on Xbox. Give it a try.

My only concern is, they shift focus to pc again, which is understandable I think because of the performance issues, but I really hope it will not be at the cost of the excellent performance on Xbox.

2 Likes

They’re not. If you like I can show you CTDs (or blank screen in a cockpit) happening in max. 3 minutes after I power-up the XBox. Either directly while preparing for a flight (from cold&dark), while taxiing, after touchdown, whatever you like. Good thing, normally for testers (!) , the CTDs are reproducible. Doesn’t help in case of Asobo/MS as they do not seem to be interested in this kind of info as I never heared back on my error reports to ZenDesk. The only way that I can do a complete flight without a CTD is to not use any 3rd-party or bespoke airports and keep the flight time under 1 hour to avoid getting blank screens on final.

Yes they are. As long as you stay away from certain 3rd party airports, it’s absolutely great. I did easily 30 hours in the last 2 betas, not a single CTD or blank screen. From and to bespoke airports,(except Zurich, it’s really broken), flight times ranging from 1 to 7 hours, depending on the plane used. A320, A321(even the cabin variant) 747,787,777-200 and Embraer 170/175/190/195.

4 Likes

Lucky you :+1:

It was clear from yesterday’s Q and A that the devs are continuing to work away at solving these memory-related crashes on Xbox. They’ve already made great progress in my experience - I’ve had one solitary CTD - during the whole beta period - but there’s more still being done to optimise memory management and solve some of the platform-level issues that are contributing to crashes, blank screens and so on.

I think another reason they gave for delaying SU10, other than PC performance issues, is that they want to introduce further memory optimisations that will reduce crashes.

4 Likes

Do you think that they also take a look at how to fix the crashing od3rd party addons like airports?

1 Like

I will tell you I had a serious bad time with 3rd party items in SU9 and had been constantly tweaking and and testing airports/addons from vanilla on up.

With the current build for the beta, I just joined it a couple days ago and WOW it has never been better, with screaming performance and long LOD with zero lag/stutters. Most of my SU9 problem items like birds, Global shipping, and areas that lagged SU9 badly like the upgraded Sedona area are all running with the same FPS as if I were in the middle of the ocean. Cranked up ground aircraft and AI traffic and all PERFECT(other than their bizarre flying habits). Although I was testing Sedona while on the Tarmac an AI TBM was calling in their approach, it landed perfectly and taxied right to my parking area dead bang on with ATC, actually felt like an airport. I would say its now better than SU8, and everything looks cranked up with the default scenery.

I do have a few problem airports that instantly crash out. Checking them again to make sure installing them is what caused it. But I went from 59 uninstalled items to only 5 now, some airports with moving animations and any of the animated traffic did not work at ALL on SU9, so it’s glad to have them back.

Even the NXi is now in full swing, the SIP, and even minor things like running the Kodiak with every screen and backup attitude work perfectly(where I used to switch of MFD 2 and the backup horizon just to gain a few FPS. Now leave them all on and even the insert map and doesn’t lower it one FPS.

Pretty excited about this, first time it’s all just been rockin at once in a long time, and looks better than ever.

Note though that I don’t use photogammetry, because well, it’s horrid on its best day. I’ll make sure everything I own works again(or is uninstalled until it does) then try everything with PG on.

Last airport that caused it to crash when testing yesterday was KDCA, which I love(hasn’t worked since SU8). Going to try it again in a full close/reboot/restart/clear cache yada yada install to see if it will work. PHOG is another one that’s been trouble, haven’t tried it in beta yet.

Some of these are going to come down to the developer updating their own stuff. Just because they made it doesn’t mean it’s 100% perfect. Think we have higher expectations for some third party creation that may just be an old port and blame Asobo when it doesn’t work as the game constantly evolves.

But finally, can take off from the Florida coast and there’s boats in the water and birds in the air again and silky smooth.

Now need to test areas like France where just the default trees in the countryside would kill performance in SU9 for some unknown reason(with zero addons at the time) and areas where there’s tons of Global Shipping traffic that used to crush the system like Rio or Gibraltar. Right now though my usual areas like Florida/Alaska/Hawaii/Bahamas/Virgin Islands/NE USA, where I have a lot of add ons all look great.

1 Like

Brilliant, are you on PC or X-Box?

Today I started the sim with quick resume…(beta test) I was expecting ctd 100% (xbox series x)
I decide a flight with 3d party content only (A321 LGAV (flytampa) to LGTS. (From gate with cold and dark startup) expecting Ctd 1000%…:roll_eyes:
BTW, finally it was the smoothest experience I ever had… :flushed: I really don’t know what happened, but I wish that it will happen again next time (finger crossed)

4 Likes

The problem is: this thread according to the title is about Xbox. So either posts should be dealing with Xbox only or the used hardware should be explicitely stated.
Otherwise it’s really difficult to keep track of the info provided. :thinking:

3 Likes

Its an xbox thread as it clearly states in the title NOT pc

1 Like

This current beta build is fantastic for me, I’d be fine if this is where we ended up. Only some 3rd party items that need updating have been problems. Went from 56 uninstalled/unusable under SU9 to only 5 now. And the performance has been spectacular, even with live weather, AI air traffic and ships cranked up, no slow downs or anything.

2 Likes

I must wait for the final SU10 build before I buy the global shipping addon. But it’s really tempting now…

I was flying from Vancouver YVR to Frankfurt main with the boeing 787, and after I started descending for landing, my XBOX X has crashed. It didn’t save my 9:45 hrs flight. I don’t have any addons except Vancouver airport. It disappointed me.

I am done with XBOX X, it just can’t handle this game. I have ordered PC, Ryzen 9 5950X, 3080 RTX, 32 GB of Ram @3600 mhz.

I am surprised of how many add ons you can get on the internet for free!!

Huh?! Not sure I read that right…

You’re getting 70+ fps on your SX? How is that possible? Is it FSR 2.0 at work or are you using VRR on your TV?

VRR doesn’t count as the base game on Xbox natively runs at 30fps. I just need to know if you actually experienced 70+ fps natively in the game…?

If this performance boost is a part of SU10 then I think I’m gonna have to upgrade from gamepass to premium. :grin::+1: