CTD's while flying Airbus A310 or ATR, occasional during VR and non VR

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons? If the issue still occurs with no mods and add-ons, please continue to report your issue. If not, please move this post to the Community Support section.

yes

Brief description of the issue:

Occasional CTD’s while flying the A310 or ATR. Something it crashed, sometimes it doesn’t. code : 0xc0000005

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Many issues may be due to an outdated graphics card. Please state your Graphics Card Driver Manufacturer (NVIDIA, Intel, AMD) and Version (Learn how to find your current graphics card driver version):

latest NVIDIA driver

PC specs and peripheral set up:

I7 12700K, GIGABYTE 3080 12GB, 64GB RAM Corsair Vengeance 2x 16GB DDR5, Aorus Z690 pro motherboard, HP Reverb G2 VR

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

0xc0000005

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

unknown

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

0xc0000005

I keep getting CTD’s without warning while flying the A310 or the ATR’s. the problem is it only happens occasionally. sometimes while flying VR but I’ve seen it happen without VR as well.

I’ve noticed it doesn’t happen with other aircraft, only the A310 and both ATR’s.
there is no specific time when it happens, sometimes during taxi, sometimes during climb or mid-flight.
sometimes I do open my browser for: VATSIM, simbrief, charts stuff like that.

I’ve read countless forums on different causes such as mouse idling, removing addons, starting in safe mode, closing different programs.
I’ve tried all but still it happens.

After a while I even thought it could be summer heat so I opened the window to get some cooler air into the room. I started looking into heating or vram since these planes are a bit heavier than default planes.
GPU heating never exceeds 75’c and vram in VR goes up to sometimes 11.5gb (ive got 12gb GPU)
CPU looks fine so I don’t think thats the problem.

In the event viewer I found: application error code 1000. with code 0xc0000005
I found this code means something is wrong with the system so I tried several things.
I tried memory diagnostic test and diskscan but everytime I do that I get no monitor for about 45 mins and after that its unknown if the test even succeeded.

But then I think, why does it only happen with these two planes?

I guess it could only mean the following:

• The A310 and ATR are for some reason to heavy for my computer (which is unlikely?)
  • The A310 and ATR have corrupted files and therefore CTD?

Or, is it a RAM, motherboard, GPU, CPU problem, or something else running in the background?
If anyone could advise me since this is where my computer knowledge ends that would be amazing!
thanks in advance.

specs:

• I7 12700K
  • GIGABYTE 3080 12gb vram
  • Corsair Vengeance 2x 16 GB 5200 DDR5
  • Aorus Z690 pro motherboard
  • Corsair RM850 PSU
  • Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler
  • HP Reverb G2 Headset

Moved to Tech Talk which is more appropriate whilst other users help you troubleshoot :+1:

1 Like