Curiosity Q: TBM real world operation vs MSFS

I’m curious about the way I fly the TBM vs how it might be in the real world. Basics. For example…

100% on takeoff 2000 fpm
Positive climb after liftoff, gear up
Retract flaps around 120 - 130
Pull back to 95% until altitude reach
If really high altitude (long climb) reduce climb to 1500 fpm 90%
Cruise at 85%

I have no reasoning for any of this other than if I were a TBM airplane, this seems like it would probably feel pretty good. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

On a clear day takeoff from a low altitude airport in the US Midwest, how would a real TBM differ from what I’m doing?

@ImpulseCello286
IRL you keep 100% torque during climb (and cruise) as well.
The only difference between max TO and MCT/MCR is the lower ITT limit. 850°C vs 840°C

Flaps up > 115kts, best climb 124kts or cruise climb 170/0.4.

The climb rate is simply the result from the combination of 100% torque and the climb speed schedule.

4 Likes

I wondered about that 100% thing. Cruise speed way up high is 330 or whatever and at 85%, that never happens.

So generally, if a TBM pilot is looking over my shoulder and I do my flaps as suggested, leave it at 100% unless I need to fly slower, pick either a climb rate or airspeed for said climb, I guess I’ll look reasonably competent :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks!

1 Like

Just checked and according to the manual the highest cruising speed at ISA conditions is at FL280.
Depending on the weight between 326-330ktas.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.