Current issue with live weather and associated ctd (and possibly black screen on xbox)

When I buy a product that should work in the cloud, that product should work 99.99% of the time, no matter if it’s a weekend or a holiday. Let’s wake up MS/Asobo tech support people.
A technical problem in the weather is inconceivable, it makes flying impractical.
In addition to not having the real weather, there is still a huge drop in FPS and also CTD after about 1 hour of flight.

I bought a PC product, I use it on PC and I’m not playing flying, so I demand professional treatment from MS/Asobo.

So let’s WAKE UP support people!!!

11 Likes

Exactly this. Well said in a very polite and constructive manner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is this issue really independent from the a/c flown? So it also happens with the C172, PC6 etc?

This fixed yet???

Apparently today is New Year’s Day observed at Asobo in France – expectations are extremely low for any sort of fix before tomorrow.

You stated this in a better manner than I could right now. I’m pretty salty that this has not been fixed yet. Completely unacceptable.

2 Likes

Only charging your credit card is immediate…for all the rest you need to wait.

I affraid when they fix this issue that will introduce three new ones :wink:

Microsoft and Asobo was so proud using the word ‘simulator’ instead of ‘game’. After 20 years of simming I was astonished by the visuals of MSFS2020, but it makes it only a nice game, after more than one year it still lacks core functions and has waaaay to many bugs to be a reliable simulation and somehow each new update introduces new bugs.
Would be much more fair to sell (presale) as beta software with granted access to final product.
Yes, i have a bad taste in my mouth with this purchase at this time.

6 Likes

Hmm as an aside I’m 99% certain France doesn’t have a public holiday today. We do in the UK, but not in France.

I’m going to try a short haul flight in western China with weather off. Wish me luck :face_with_spiral_eyes:

In either case, I wish I could be a fly on the wall at the first meeting they have after getting back – its really too bad we never get the inside stories behind some of these bugs because I’m sure they’d be hilarious.

couldn’t agree more, I am feeling exactly the same as you are

same here, very dissapointing

We never really see them actively communicating or engaging with the community or release daily/weekly patches if needed. And we have a lot of day 1 issues still broken. So i would be surprised if they are hurrying for this or skipping their lunch break to fix this. :joy:

4 Likes

Not to mention that we DON’T STILL have keyboard shortcuts for MFC / VOR / GPS functions (Garmin, etc). This is absurd, it is very difficult to be able to navigate the plane and at the same time go to the GPS and make changes to the buttons while the plane is “dancing”.

They are aware, but are they awake ?

1 Like

It is at times like this that I wonder if I should still purchase XP11… just as a backup sim.

1 Like

I just had a flight of about 2:30 hours and at least the FPS stopped dropping and there was no CTD, but the weather still doesn’t update (1013QNH straight).

Have many people found that stuttering still starts after an hour or so of flight, even when the flight is loaded with Online Weather = Off (in Data menu) and Live Weather = Off?

I’m in the FBW A32NX at FL370 and the cockpit is like walking through treacle @ 23fps. I’m running an RTX 3090. It’s never usually like this.

1 Like

Thank you @perrry and @CptEvillian for the info.
I took a little pause during the holidays and it’s sad to see that the sim is in an even worse state than before.
Fingers crossed all will be fixed till the end of 2022 :slight_smile:

I think the development build of the a32nx also has performance issues at the moment on longer flights which experimental might have a fix for.

1 Like

can confirm, switched over to the experimental version and gained 10-15 fps. Worth trying it out

1 Like