Custom airports disappearance from map and missing mesh fix

Update:
In case you’re having this issue, the solution is to delete the content.XML file as it’s getting confused and not rebuilding correctly. Delete it and let the sim recreate it.
It’s found here
C:\Users<your_username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

After the update I noticed all my add on custom airports are messed up. The new custom objects such as buildings… etc are still there but it’s using the old original mesh.

I cleared my community folder before updating and I don’t know if the mess up is due to the update or something gone wrong from me clearing then reloading the community folder?

It;s not anything you have done. The UK update introduced some changes overall, one of which I believe may have been the mesh, which has affected a good number of third-party addons. Hopefully, in due course, those developers will produce updated versions which will work with the latest update.

Thanks for the response but this is only today after the hot fix where things are buggered. They were working fine yesterday for me.

The mesh is old, and not all are showing up on the world map. Bizarre.

I’m confused on how to get the latest version with the hot fix. Do I just open up the Microsoft store or do I first delete the folder I modified to fix the lift issue?

Go to the store and click the three-dot menu icon at top-right, then “Downloads and updates.” If MSFS isn’t showing 1.13.17.0, click the “Get updates” button. After that, and only if you don’t want to manually undo any edits within the Official folder, delete the aircraft folders that contain any edits. MSFS will automatically re-download them.

BUT!!!

The TBM and C152 are considered “required” content. If you delete either of those, you’ll end up re-downloading the entire core sim.

My copy is showing v 1.13.16.0, modified 16 Feb, and Update has no effect.
I manually reversed the flap modifications before I tried to update but I thought the hotfix actually had other items in it.
Tried starting the sim through the usual “Checking for Updates” but nothing happened. The Content Manager had an update for Orbx London City Scenery pack which downloaded okay and modified the version number, but everything else shows “Up-to-Date”
Not really bothered but wondering why?

If you bought through the MS Store, first make sure you’re logged into the store with your MS account. Then check for the update and you should get 1.13.17.0 to download. After that, see my previous post above.

Update:
In case you’re having this issue, the solution is to delete the content.XML file as it’s getting confused and not rebuilding correctly. Delete it and let the sim recreate it.
It’s found here
C:\Users<your_username>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.