Custom liveries on the Xbox version?

no data-“crosslink” between both apps. They only “share” the account and therefor only the stuff linked to this account via the marketplace.

As Jorg has been saying, he’s been approaching the airlines all along for that exact purpose. He wants to get their liveries and negotiate licensing fees. So I don’t see it as an issue at all. He has repeatedly approached them, and, if they choose not to respond, then that’s their choice.

So I don’t see this as an issue. It will be handled either way.

2 Likes

Please read carefully. He said you can install them, IOW, you can put the files on the drive, and probably create a “Community” directory.

“Using them is another issue.” IOW, MSFS on Xbox, probably doesn’t recognize the Community directory. Yet.

Asobo is in the process of creating a freeware marketplace. At that time, when all the details on how it works are worked out (it’s not simple), then, hopefully, you will be able to use them.

2 Likes

You can always apply for the partner program, if you’re approved then you will have access to upload your mods to the marketplace. I would provide a link but unfortunately I cannot do this.

I applied with all my leveries for A320neo, A32NX, CRJ and Typhoon ones.
Never got any answer (ok or not) and the liveries categorie doesn’t exists in the shop or content place.

2 Likes

are you saying you managed to do it?

The Boeing 737 Max seems to have real liveries on the Xbox. So it’s possible. So what’s the reason why we can’t just buy a liveries pack?

Nothing technically wrong, but probably more to do with rights, royalties, advertising etc. Any freeware out there that does it is currently not availble on XBox as everything has to go through marketplace.
Probably 737 Max payware have some agreement with airline companies involved. (just guessing)

If that was the case real liveries wouldn’t be released on the Xbox Marketplace.

The answer is 4 posts above.

On the other hand, if somebody created a livery pack for sale in the Marketplace, and Microsoft accepted it (I don’t know what the rules are on this), yes, you could purchase it from the current Marketplace. Unfortunately, the main reason you can’t buy a livery pack today is… there isn’t one for sale right now, which kind of puts a damper on the idea.

If it turns out that MSFS2020 Xbox users cannot obtain real airline liveries on the AI traffic at airports then I will eventually purchase a high end PC so as to achieve realism. I’m still hoping the liveries will become available on xbox x. We have to see.

1 Like

This is a goal that Asobo is actively pursuing as part of the base sim. They’re having difficulty engaging the airlines for licensing, but, they continue to try.

As an artist/illustrator/concept modeler, etc. . . I would love to be able to create my own liveries from scratch. Forza Horizon (series) has a built-in paint booth in which you can create your own liveries within the software. Even a simple version of something like this, built-in, would be fantastic. Or better, to allow us a place to download UV-templates for the aircraft we own and build liveries outside and import into containers so they can be employed within the simulator. This should be an option for all users, IMO, and not necessarily requiring people to become a ‘developer’. I would offer any of my designs for free to the community. I don’t have to get paid for creating any of them. Or just make a space for my custom liveries to be available just for me. Either approach would work.

Something based around the Forza tool would be brilliant. And surely implementable in MSFS. Just have a freeware marketplace to allow people to create designs and share them with the wider community.

1 Like

Topic moved into #community:general-discussion-feedback

The SDK category is for questions / discussions about the Software Development Kit.

On forza you have the ability to create and share paint schemes. That has been done for years. How is it that approach can’t be done via the in game ? You could have a paint option added and create your own designs

1 Like

@PluckyUnderdog you stole my post. Totally agree. Forza went bananas with custom liveries to the point where other users sell them for $$$ or give them for free. Licensing and all that went completely out the window.

im afraid that may never happen
i dont have Forza so no idea how it works but …
can you make New Models? or just repaint the ones they provide?

thats the catch in this game, you can create new models the base game has no reference for
most games just use a control file for color hex and apply it to the model via guid or w/e for that part
even custom graphics can be applied this way so Long as the game has reference to the model and the model is pre-equiped for it (no New models or variants)
some games go even further using modular components, these are still all default models treated individually from the games point of view - it has reference to each component

any news to install liveries

It’s a real shame that liveries cannot be added to aircraft as they can with PC, I thought Asobo/ MS were committed to creating the most realistic sim experience.

1 Like