Custom Repaints

I took the plunge and tried to do a repaint for a C172, everything has gone sort of ok, however, for some reason I can’t get rid of the default reg number on the side of the fuselage. You can see the one I have painted, but you also have another large black Reg on top of my repainted one. I have deleted the default reg in the Aircraft config files and double-checked that it’s not on any of the DDS files, but still no joy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Karl

Do you have a reg number written in your aircraft menu (MSFS)? They overrule the aircraft.cfg.

Hi, are you are referring to the Tail number options? In the ‘SHOW TAIL NUMBER,’ I have this set to off, with nothing listed in the Tail Number section. The Reg number that is showing is the default number on the Classic C172. See the picture; As you can see I still have the wheels, pants, spinner,

and prop to paint.

Do you have an own aircraft.cfg for your livery, or did you just merge your painting/textures in the default C172 folder?

No I used the default, but deleted the file that said Reg Number, shall I send the file over to you?

I would have to have your email as I can only upload Jpeg, etc

I would suggest the following. Make your C172 default again. Download another C172 livery. Merge your paintjob with the custom livery you downloaded and move it to the community folder. Check the aircraft.cfg of the custom livery to fit the reg entries. Try it out again.

Yes I think that’s probably the best idea. I’m going to try that later today, I’ll let you know if it works
Thanks