Custom views end in a glitch

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes.

Brief description of the issue:

When I switch between custom views, there is a sort of visual pop or clunky glitch as it settles into the final view position. I haven’t seen this until recently.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Here’s a video:

https://clipchamp.com/watch/ZbzxgBDWTWg

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Create 2 custom views and then switch between them using load custom view keybinds.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 7 5700x RTX 4080 32 GB RAM

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

The most recent one.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

We’ve moved your topic into the Community Support category.

The Bug Reporting category is for posting suspected or confirmed bugs that other users are able to reproduce. Using the template is required in order to provide valuable information, feedback, and replication steps to our test team.

If you are not sure if your issue is a bug or need further input from the community, please use the Community Support category. If the community can replicate your issue, first search the Bug Reporting category to see if there’s an existing topic. If it already exists, contribute to that report. Duplicate bug reports will be closed.

If you believe it is a new report, then create a new bug topic using the provided topic template.

All issues caused by or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. Assure that no addons/mods are used when reporting issues in Bug Reports.

Every time I post anything anywhere I get told off for posting in the wrong place and then the post is apparently moved somewhere else. It’s very annoying. I posted this in bugs BECAUSE IT IS A BUG.

When you are having an issue with the sim, and you seem to be the only one experiencing the issue out of the millions of copies sold, it is understandably a very concerning issue to you, but not a bug with the sim.
That is why we require others to be able to replicate the issue before being admitted as a bug report.

I don’t know if this will be any help, but here is a link to an article on creating custom views that may give you an idea as to what may be wrong.

If this is no help, what you can do as well, is to contact MSFS Support using "I Need Technical Support (Loading Issues, Crash, Performance, etc…) in the selection window.
They are usually quite good with their assistance, and may be able to help you with the problem.

I finally found a thread of some people on avsim who are experiencing the same problem, proving that I am not the only person experiencing it out of “millions of copies sold”. It is a bug. People either just have learned to live with it or haven’t raised it as an issue in the forums. Out of your millions of copies, only a fraction attend this forum so it isn’t a representation of those millions of customers.

I have read the thread you sent, it doesn’t address my issue. I think I have read every thread on custom views now.

Ok thanks. I will try that tech support approach as well. Cheers.

1 Like

Can you post a pic of your cameras.cfg file for an aircraft that this happens with?