Custom Views with a little pop

When I trigger a custom view, it cruises into the position nice and smooth and then just after it reaches the custom view it sort of clunks into the final position. Anyone got any ideas what that is?

Hello there,
We ask that all members not use General Discussion for help, troubleshooting, bug reports, or advice questions. Your topic has been moved to a subcategory of General Discussion & Community Support.

You could try setting transition to 0, so it instantly snaps. Apparently for this to work both camera’s have to have transition set to 0.

1 Like

Do you mean that will get rid of the nice camera move into the position? I kinda like that….

It only just started doing it so it must be some change I’ve made, but I can’t for the life of me work out what it is!

As far as I know yes, as long as your current camera, and the one you are moving to both have transition set to 0.

1 Like

Hmm. I wanna keep the cool float into the position and lose the little pop at the end. Maybe I’ll try and make a little video to show what I mean.

I don’t know if it’s possible to simply speed up the transition instead of remove it. You can do it for panning but I don’t think that effects moving from one view to another.

1 Like

Here is a short video of the little pop at the and of the custom view move.

@BearsAreCool510 Can you have a look at the above video and see if you have any ideas? It’s minimal but its driving me nuts.

Try setting the transition time to zero on the camera you are moving to.

So the first camera still has that nice transition, but the camera that you end up seeing after the transition is set to zero transition.

1 Like

I found this. Apparently if either or both of the cameras are set to 0 then it is instantaneous. Im racking my brain to work out what I changed cos it only just started!

I have found a thread saying that if camera settings height, zoom etc aren’t set to 50 then it can mess with your custom views. Dunno if that is going to be at the root of my problem but I will test later. I did try saving views that weren’t saved in a zoomed in state and I thought it was making a difference but it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

EDIT: Tried that, no dice.

Lol no idea sorry, im not a custom view expert! Looks like it’s maybe simply the game? Doesn’t seem like a performance issue or other stutter

1 Like

This is still broken. I have seriously tried everything. Endless searching on the web has only found one thread on AVSIM where two people mention it. There must be some reason for it but I just can’t work out what the hell it is! It is seriously breaking my brain. Any thoughts are welcome, no matter how crazy!

I just @ you cos you seem quite technically minded on other matters so I thought you may be able to assist my investigation.