CYVR Disappointment

After all the hype about this new MS Flight Sim I find, as an example, CYVR bears no resemblance to the real airport. The runway might be in the right place but nothing else is. It’s a complete disappointment!
It’s got unrealistic static aircraft doted around and as far as live ATC goes I found one United aircraft and no Air Canada or Westjet airliners. I thought this Sim was to be something special with up to date airports and scenery. What give?

Robert

1 Like

There’s 37000 airports so it’s hard to do all of them accurately, someone will come and redo it. There are so many freeware airports available right now.

Good news from here FSD YVR not mentioned yet, but I’m sure they’ll do it. The FSX version is outstanding, as are rest. Hawaiian packs are/were my personal favorite. Kona being top pick for me.

1 Like

I agree - I was disappointed too, especially it being one of the top airports in CANADA (YYZ needs some more love too).

I think they should have focused on YYZ, YVR, YUL and YYC for manually reviewed airports.

1 Like

In reality world :grin: Yvr made top 10 in the world, so it won’t be long I’m sure…

1 Like

There you go!

Fsdreamteam is happy to announce the release of Vancouver V2 for MSFS 2020. This scenery has been converted to MSFS 2020, starting from the FSX version we released in 2013. However, is not a “straight” conversion, and there has been many changes, both due to the changing airport layout, but also to offer specific MSFS features when possible.

• The airport layout has been updated. A whole new section of the main Terminal ( Pier B, Gate 11-28 ) has been modeled, together with the new extension ( Pier A, gate 1-12 )

• Due to these changes, lots of parking names has been renamed, to reflect the current situation.

• All textures and materials has been improved and converted to PBR, with added normal map details and proper metallic/roughness maps.

• Dynamic Lighting has been remade entirely from scratch, using the native MSFS 2020 lighting system, with hundreds of individual light sources.

• The background photoreal image has been updated to reflect changes at Piers A and B of the Main Terminal.

• All Aprons materials has been remade using the native MSFS system.

• All 3d taxi-light fixtures have been remade using the native MSFS system.

• Runways have now their correct Slope profile.

• Jetways has been all remade according to the latest MSFS 2020 SDK.

The scenery cost only 9.9$, and if you are an existing user of the 2013 version for FSX, you can even get an extra discount on top of that! Instructions about the discount will be sent by email to all registered users. If you bought the 2013 version from Simmarket, the discount price will be shown in your account there.

The product has been sent to Microsoft for approval, so it will should be available on the MS Marketplace soon.

:grinning:

x’ing fingers for Hawaii soon…

2 Likes

I hope Microsoft approves the new CYVR from FSDreamTeam for the marketplace soon :+1:t2:

1 Like

my sim setting are on high

errors:

Trees near cross wind runway / south runway

Harbour air pub floating on air

Seair building floating on air

shadows of float planes on parking spots on water aerodrome

no water aerodrome active runway to date , enough time to have this upgrade since 2013

most simmers like to fly float planes in B. C. , so not worth the price for the up grade

NOT recommended until above errors fixed and water runway activated

Oh, these are the problems with the new FSDreamTeam CYVR?

Yes !

they sent me an e-mail to upgrade from V1 to V2

1 Like

Oh good. Nice to see that it’s fixed in V2!

you got it wrong !

its the errors in V2 ???

as follows again

Trees near cross wind runway / south runway

Harbour air pub floating on air

Seair building floating on air

shadows of float planes on parking spots on water aerodrome

no water aerodrome active runway to date , enough time to have this upgrade since 2013

most simmers like to fly float planes in B. C. , so not worth the price for the up grade

CYVR v2 looks very good to me. No problems with this scenery!