DA40-NGX Improvement Mod (v0.10, SEP 30, SuX)

Yeah, I don’t think the DA40 has a vacuum pump. Also the standby instruments are electric with their own battery.

I downloaded the newest versions of both your DA mods and am confused.

Is it still neccessary to use F2+F3 to set the power? The possibility to change between FADEC and non-FADEC seems to have been removed?

yeah ive removed it. yet its kinda back on the 62? :thinking:

Thanks for replying so quickly :slight_smile:

I had used a previous version already and the mods are great, but do I still set power with F2+F3 is my most important question. ^^

ah ok, you used the “Full FADEC”?

im doing this differently now. I will see if i can make it work with the F keys, but i doubt

I think so.

But this time I am just drag and dropping the folders into my installation. Actually I just want to work it with my throttle. Sorry if I seem obtuse, but there is no info in the readme regarding how the FADEC works now.

because i removed it ive removed the file.
i think its on 0.6. the files are still up on nexus. not sure though.

Documentation is not my strong suit

:smiley:

So does the FADEC work with the throttle axis or do I have to compensate for altitude?

Short answer! :rofl:

you have to compensate manually

If you look at the experimental version of the 62 that i uploaded, you can switch mid flight between using the throttle axis and the mixture axis

1 Like

Some romantic night lighting for you and your… right hand :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Does anyone know know if the rate of fuel transfer between the right and left tanks when the fuel transfer switch is controllable with a mod ?

I don’t think there’s any issue with the rate in the DA-40 NG but the TDi rate appears way too low so I’m wondering if it’s potentially something that can be altered by overriding a config file ?

v0.6.3 gamers

Changes:

• Changes behaviour of “ALTITUDE ERROR” CAS message
  • Improved accuracy of GAL used
  • Redone External and Cockpit lighting: Added quad strobe*
  • Backend code cleanup
  • ATC should call you by the correct callsign now
  • Fuel temperature red starts at -30, not -25
  • Added Experimental Mixture control Full FADEC (see PDF)

*Ive noticed that it can look like the strobes are inconsistent, well thats because they are. Because of the low framerates that we get in this game. Shifting or skipping a frame is massive difference and its easy for the brain to pickup on that.

3 Likes

0.03978 Gal/s

Thats what’s in the NG flightmodel.cfg

Brilliant, thanks for getting back to me with that.

I think the manual says 60 USgal/hr. So 1 gal/min = .0166666 gal/sec.

Pages 4A-28 and 29
There is an auto shut off when tank is empty. You as the pilot need to make sure no more than a 9 gal difference between left and right tanks.

How do you use this mod? I tried to drop it into the Community folder but didn’t see it when I loaded into the menu. Does it show up as another aircraft, a livery, or you just choose the DA40NG in game and it loads this up?

hmm. :thinking:

double check the folder structure.

I see it now. Thanks. Not sure what I did wrong earlier.

Hello
i tested today the new update.
it works fine …
but the

• Added Experimental Mixture control Full FADEC (see PDF)
    doesnt work.( i read the pdf also !
    when i activate, the fadec, the power goes up full power and goes crazy
    i have not a physic. prop axis, on my controll input (joystick)
    i have a clean setup
    thanks.
    best regards.